MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
The Trade Quality team are expert detectives and decision makers, tasked with evaluating our tradespeople at all stages of their MyBuilder journey. We are a small team with a lot of responsibility and our actions shape the reputation of the site. Employing a range of home-grown technical tools backed by good judgement, our goal is to ensure homeowners meet only the best tradespeople on MyBuilder. Your decisions will shape MyBuilder’s reputation so this is an important role with real purpose. In a typical day you might:
- Call a promising builder to find out more about his business.
- Conduct fraud investigations into suspicious identity documents.
- Guide a not so tech-savvy tradesperson through our online application process.
- Use your sleuthing skills to investigate abuse of our feedback system.
- Risk-assess a trade account with your colleagues following a customer complaint.
- Tell a builder we no longer feel comfortable listing their business on MyBuilder.
- Share what you learned today with the rest of the team.
Who we’re looking for
Our perfect candidate won’t have specific qualifications or experience, but we are looking for certain skills. We want people who are enthusiastic and have a real passion for helping our customers succeed. You must demonstrate:
- 2+ years experience in a customer relations role.
- Confidence to make tough decisions.
- A keen eye and a natural aptitude for detective work.
- Excellent research skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- An aptitude for technology and the ability to adapt to new systems and processes with ease.
- An ability to flourish in a high pressure, fast moving environment.
Why you’ll like working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy excellent coffee, great food and lively banter. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh food and exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.