MyBuilder.com is an online marketplace dedicated to helping homeowners find quality tradesmen through the power of reviews. Our mission is to change the building industry.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented people person to join our Consumer Service Team. This is a full-time position, based at our lovely office near Old Street, EC1.
As one of our Customer Service Specialists, you’ll spend your time helping homeowners get the most from their experience of using MyBuilder.
Home improvement projects are complicated and things don’t always go according to plan. If things turn sour, we may be asked to step in. There are two sides to every story so we must take care to remain impartial, yet know when and what actions to take. Where possible, we try to patch things up. Otherwise, we provide guidance so the customer can act for themselves. Occasionally, you may be called on to help Government organisations with their investigations.
The Consumer Service Team play an active role in monitoring trade activity, looking for signs of trouble. If you’re the kind of person who enjoys detective work and connecting the dots, you should feel right at home.
We’re a web business so you can also expect to provide technical support over the phone and via email.
Who we’re looking for
This is a senior customer service position. While you don’t need specific qualifications for this role, you should have a track record of handling complex customer enquiries and complaints. We’re especially interested in meeting people with these qualities and skills:
- A natural desire to help others and bags of empathy. Able to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life.
- Balanced and easy going - navigating emotionally charged disputes between tradesmen and job posters can be challenging at times.
- Calm under pressure. Comfortable dealing with an angry tradesman or upset homeowner, and able to give clear advice to people in difficult situations.
- Fair, yet able to make tough decisions.
- Outstanding communication skills. You enjoy talking to people, take pride in writing a great email and know how to adapt your tone to suit each enquiry.
- Good analysis and investigation skills.
- Previous consumer affairs experience would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with technology. Able to quickly learn new applications and processes.
Why you’ll like working at MyBuilder
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Decent food, exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
MyBuilder is a special place to work and we take a lot of pride in our team. We are software developers, musicians, journalists, artists, ex-financial services and everything in between. We look for people who are curious, passionate about their jobs, hard working and not afraid to fail in pursuit of getting it right next time.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located near Old Street. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time.
How to apply
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.