MyBuilder is enjoying unprecedented growth and success. We need to grow our talented tech team so are hiring great PHP Developers at all levels of experience.
We are a close-knit team who love the web, we are proud to be contributing to a successful and expanding business that is making a real difference to our customer’s lives. We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate, if that sounds like you then please keep reading.
Software development at MyBuilder
Our focus is to produce high quality, working and tested code which not only keeps us happy and productive, but also helps the business to succeed. Our development process has been honed through exploring various flavours of agile and we believe that our way of working helps us get the right things done at the right time.
Our main technology stack is Symfony2 on PHP 5.6, PostgreSQL, Apache, Varnish, Kong, React. This is open to change as our needs evolve.
We have released a number of tools as open source projects and contribute back to projects we use.
The work we do
- We spent months rebuilding the interface our tradesmen use to communicate with homeowners. We built a new API backend for it with a React frontend with a great focus on how it works on mobile devices and performance.
- We open sourced a tool called Kongfig that allows you to declaratively configure the api gateway Kong.
- We spent 8 weeks building a new system for our tradesmen to apply for trades. Ensuring that our tradesmen can do the jobs they say they can is very important.
- We spent 4 weeks moving our phone system to be web RTC based using Twiio.
- We spent 3 weeks on a system which allows easy two way communication with our tradesmen via SMS using Twilio.
The right person
Just like many of our tradesmen you should consider yourself to be a craftsman:
- You strive to constantly learn and improve your software engineering skills.
- You will have the desire and ability to write good quality object oriented PHP using modern design patterns and clean code.
- You understand that maintenance — bug fixing, addressing technical debt, refactoring, increasing automated test coverage — are as important as writing new code.
- You want to be a team player who understands and values our unique culture.
MyBuilder.com is an innovative start-up based in East London, enabling homeowners to find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We are a hard working, close-knit team dedicated to creating an incredible product. Our headquarters reflect our unique culture; we have an office bar, guitars and a volunteer food team who make lunches for their colleagues.
How to apply
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.