MyBuilder.com is an innovative start-up based in East London, enabling homeowners to find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We are a hard working, close-knit team dedicated to creating an incredible product. Our headquarters reflect our unique culture; we have an office bar, a band and a volunteer food team who make lunches for their colleagues.
In 2016, we have an ambition to make MyBuilder famous as the place to get a job well done. We want the world to know that we have fantastic tradesmen who are motivated to do quality work for the homeowners of the UK.
Working within the marketing team, our PR manager will be responsible for telling the story of our tradespeople. You will cultivate ongoing relationships with journalists in order to get MyBuilder featured in the press. This is a hands-on role, you will be identifying, planning and executing PR campaigns with support from your colleagues in marketing and the wider team when needed.
This role is about spotting the opportunity to tell a story. In any one day you might:
- Provide a newspaper with advice for an article about home improvement
- Identify a trending story in the press and make it relevant to us
- Write a press release about a fascinating tradesman and get it featured in the press
- Devise and execute a competition aimed at homeowners
With so many tradespeople and homeowners across the UK using our service, there are plenty of compelling stories at your fingertips. Here’s some of our greatest hits from the past year:
- We handmade a cake for the first tradesperson hit 500 feedback and filmed it
- A competition to find Britain’s Worst Garden resulted in lots of press and one very happy child!
- We polled our tradespeople and made the homepage of two major political parties
- Our tradespeople gave Buzzfeed readers sage advice on landlord issues
Am I right for the role?
The right person will have at least a couple of year’s experience in a PR role and be able to show us examples of campaign successes. As you will be working with builders, home improvement and the trades will be a subject you feel yourself getting excited about.
You will be a great writer with the ability to write compelling press releases. You’ll have the ability to instantly build rapport with anyone, from tradespeople to news desks. Enthusiastic and tenacious, even in the face of adversity, a mixture of great ideas and dedication means you’re only happy when you’ve delivered great results.
If you hadn’t noticed, we also like to have fun at MyBuilder, so being the right fit is important to us. Be prepared for a hard slog, we expect the best from our team. But it’s all worth it for a fun working environment, great colleagues and knowing what a difference we make in the building industry. And the frisbees. There’s lots of frisbees.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.