MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Our headquarters in Clerkenwell reflect our unique culture: we have an amazing office bar, guitars, a drum kit, a bike mechanic workstation, extensive library and a rotating food team who make lunch for everyone. It’s a fun place to be and that’s mainly because everyone in the team believes in the mission and is seriously good at what they do.
We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate - if that sounds like you and you love gaining insight from data, then you may have found a new home.
MyBuilder is a local services marketplace. Marketplaces are complex businesses and they generate lots of data. We have over 35 different trade categories and have tradesmen across the UK. So in effect, there are many thousands of micro markets that need to be optimised on a regular basis for supply, demand and in respect to pricing. To achieve this we need to be able to understand our data better.
This will be MyBuilder’s first dedicated data role. Although we are also looking to hire a Marketplace analyst into our Marketing team. This is a great opportunity to help shape our data practices and toolsets. There’s definitely plenty of work to be done and we feel that filling this role represents one of our biggest opportunities for business growth.
This is a role that will report into our CTO, so you will be part of our outstanding tech team. However, you will also spend a lot of time with the CEO and with the rest of the team, so there is a lot of variety in this role.
We need help in the following areas: (You won’t need to do all of this)
- Reporting across the business.
- Product optimisation.
- Business & Team KPI’s.
- Tracking and attribution modelling for sales & marketing activities.
- Monitoring the churn of our customers.
- Understanding the business impact of changes to our website and mobile apps.
- Pricing optimisation.
- Business modelling.
- Leveraging machine learning to help our customers.
The right person
We need someone who really wants to understand data, who when faced with a shift in one of key metrics will keep digging until they figure out the when, what and why.
- Excellent SQL skills, experience with PostgreSQL would be ideal but is not required.
- Great understanding of statistical techniques.
- Superb spreadsheets skills, Excel or Google sheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field.
- Hands-on technical background.
- Experience of Web analytics, in particular Google Analytics.
- Have extracted data from PPC advertising platforms. I.e Google adwords.
- Experience working with a development team helping them to collect the data needed by the business.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
How to apply
Send your CV and tell us why this is the role for you.
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.