MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We are a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor).
Our bright and spacious office is located in the centre of Clerkenwell, Central London. We’re looking for dedicated individuals who share our values and want to help us transform the home improvement industry.
What the role involves
We need a brilliant in-house talent acquisition specialist to help us build a brand new Customer Service team. The team will play a hugely important role in an exciting new initiative at MyBuilder so this is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and committed recruiter. We need to form and grow the team quickly so time is of the essence. To help you succeed, we will allow you to focus all of your efforts on sourcing and recruiting the best people for this team, without any other distractions.
You will work closely alongside the Head of Customer Service in helping to develop role descriptions, screen candidates and optimise the recruitment journey from end-to-end, ensuring a good experience for both candidates and hiring team.
We are looking for an experienced customer service recruiter who is ready to work hard and help us hire a world-class team. Recruitment is massively important to us as a business and we will be looking for someone who cares as much as we do about filling lots of vacancies with high-quality people.
- Work with management to define and prioritise role requirements, craft desirable and enticing job descriptions, identify key skills to assess candidates and optimise our interview process.
- Use creative sourcing techniques to build an effective pipeline, which identifies and engages both active and passive candidates through a blend of recruitment methods, including social media, headhunting, job boards, referrals and networking.
- Ensure all candidates presented to the business meet the relevant competencies and share our company values.
- Conduct candidates screens, manage recruitment timelines and guide candidates on their interview journey.
- Be an effective ambassador for MyBuilder!
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience in an in-house or agency recruitment role.
- End to end recruitment experience including high volume activity & working to tight deadlines.
- Good knowledge of the customer service employment market
- Ability to work on a number of different roles at one time
- Excellent research and sourcing skills - using a variety of sourcing methods to unearth the very best talent
- A keen eye for talent
- Highly developed interview skills with an ability to screen for key competencies and values
- Fantastic interpersonal and communication skills
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.