MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of its online platform. Our mission is to help homeowners choose great builders, and we help great builders succeed. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Product Designer who can help take our service to the next level, by creating functional, delightful, and intuitive user experiences. You will understand how best to meet the needs of our users (both consumers and tradespeople) through user testing, analysing statistical data, and identifying design patterns. Our ideal candidate is a self starter with a highly creative mind and isn’t afraid of diving deep into complex problems.
Collaborating with others in product and tech, the successful candidate will be a key contributor in turning conceptual ideas into reality, and ultimately crafting user-centred designs that excite, delight, and provide value to the business.
- Own the end to end UX and design process.
- Help bring ideas to life and add that extra level of polish to create delightful experiences.
- Address consumer pain points using data and personas to improve the customer journey.
- Aligning your output to the team and company goals.
- Validate and iterate on designs through research, user testing and prototyping
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback with colleagues
- Contribute to style guides and design systems to ensure consistency across the brand and product
- Being involved in multiple concurrent projects, balancing your workload and priorities
The person we are looking for
- has a keen problem solving mind
- is a self-motivated optimistic team player with strong communication skills
- is an efficient worker who can manage their time effectively
- has a good understanding of interface standards, usability, accessibility and interactivity
- has a passion about all things digital
- has an understanding of how things are built and operate online and on-device
- has 3+ years professional experience in product design (in-house or agency environment)
- is a UK resident
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy excellent coffee, great food, in a friendly social and atmosphere. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a word-class team on a mission to make the world a better place. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pingpong, table football, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send us your CV/LinkedIn profile and portfolio
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.