MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
Are you an experienced Office Manager, looking for the next step in your career? Do you relish responsibility and enjoy interacting with all parts of a business and being the face of the company? Are you a self starter that operates with a flexible, ‘can do’ attitude and considers no job or task beneath or beyond you? If so, we here at MyBuilder need you!
Due to an exciting period of continuous growth, MyBuilder are looking for an experienced Office Manager to join the team and play a major part in our continued success. You will be highly personable, with a sociable, friendly and responsive approach, that all within the business appreciate and react too. You will relish responsibility and thrive on taking ownership of the full office operations, playing a key role in shaping and maintaining the company culture along the way. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate these qualities from within an Office Manager role, preferably within the startup and tech fields of industry. You will be able to show history of always having a proactive and positive approach to work and genuinely enjoy helping people and getting things done.
You will never hear the words, ‘not my job’ at MyBuilder and this is a varied role where every day will be different. It is imperative to the smooth running of the daily business functions and plays a massive part in our day to day operational abilities. Whilst no office related tasks are off limits for this role, your main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the full upkeep of the office, ensuring its always clean and fit for purpose
- Liaising with the landlord over issues relating to the building and its performance
- Making and tracking weekly food, drinks and stock orders
- Being the point of contact for all new starters, meeting them on their first day and organising and facilitating the company induction process
- Organising, Managing and being the point of contact for MyBuilder events and occasions
- Managing and reviewing contracts with outsourced vendors and suppliers
- Reviewing, Updating and informing employees of all office Health & Safety matters
- Ordering Birthday cakes, cards and lighting the candles (don’t worry, we won’t make you sing!)
Why you will enjoy MyBuilder
Well established but still a startup at heart, we take pride in our collaborative, innovative and social culture, which we believe brings out the best in all of us. Our bright and spacious HQ is located in the centre of Clerkenwell, a creative hotspot with a fascinating mix of food markets, parks and bars. You will be joining a close knit team and benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role, but most importantly, you will become part of a great company, surrounded by a top flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. In addition to this, we will also throw in:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Weekly and Monthly social events including 5aside Football, Film Club, Drinks & Dinners
- Drinks on a Friday at our all-hands company celebration meeting
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.