MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
MyBuilder operates throughout the UK. Our bright and spacious office is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell (the most interesting creative hotspot in London), with great surrounding areas of East London, including Shoreditch, Old Street and Angel! Nearest underground station is Farringdon. We enjoy shiny Apple products, excellent coffee, free lunches, lively banter and the most competitive office table tennis league in town (probably). Come join us!
MyBuider’s mission is to be the No.1 platform that great tradespeople turn to for quality jobs, helping them build long-lasting and successful businesses.
Attracting and retaining the very best tradespeople is key to our success, so communicating effectively with them is our top priority; to do this well, we need to understand what makes them tick - and make sure we give them what they need.
This exciting new role at MyBuilder has bags of potential to make a huge impact on the way we engage and communicate with this really important audience.
The Trade Advocacy Manager’s role will be to ensure that through effective communications, MyBuilder appeals to new and existing trade users alike. It’s a marketing role, but one that’s very much based on a two-way dynamic - listening intently to tradespeople and giving them what they need to help them succeed.
The Trade Advocacy Manager will be key to making this happen, working closely with colleagues across the business to devise a brilliant trade engagement strategy and put it into action.
- Developing new relationships with tradespeople and trade partners that will benefit our tradespeople and give them more reasons to love us
- Increasing brand awareness among the trade audience
- Representing MyBuilder at important trade shows and events
- Helping with the creation of content including blog posts, website articles and emails
- Reporting on key industry developments and trends and identifying opportunities for development
- Implementing a trade engagement strategy and getting the support of stakeholders within the business
Who you are
You will ideally have experience of working as a tradesperson or be someone who has spent a significant part of their career working directly with tradespeople. You are great at managing your priorities and time and able to efficiently prioritise your work. You’re a great communicator - both verbally and in writing, and you thrive as part of a tight team with a shared vision.
- Experience of working in the building/construction industry
- Experience of producing content, including written material, for a trade audience
- Highly motivated, with the desire to develop your knowledge of the trades
- Proven experience building and developing relationships
- Experience working with - and influencing - senior stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to leverage trade insights to drive strategic recommendations.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Weekly and Monthly social events including 5aside Football, Film Club, Drinks & Dinners
- Drinks on Friday at our all-hands company celebration meeting
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Marketing Team
Like any team, great results depend on having the right mix of people, all pulling in the same direction. We’re made up of ex-journalists, PPC pros, events experts and even a world-class photojournalist. While we’ve all come to MyBuilder with vastly different experiences, there’s one thing we all believe in - and it’s fast becoming the unifying brand truth behind our marketing: if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
If you want to learn more, visit the marketing team page.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.