MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
MyBuider’s mission is to be the No.1 platform that great tradespeople turn to for quality jobs, helping them build long-lasting and successful businesses.
Attracting and retaining the very best tradespeople is key to our success, so communicating effectively with them is our top priority; to do this well, we need to understand what makes them tick - and make sure we give them what they need.
This exciting new role at MyBuilder has bags of potential to make a huge impact on the way we engage and communicate with this really important audience.
The Trade Advocacy Manager’s role will be to ensure that through effective communications, MyBuilder appeals to new and existing trade users alike. It’s a marketing role, but one that’s very much based on a two-way dynamic - listening intently to tradespeople and giving them what they need to help them succeed.
The Trade Advocacy Manager will be key to making this happen, working closely with colleagues across the business to devise a brilliant trade engagement strategy and put it into action.
- Developing new relationships with tradespeople and trade partners that will benefit our tradespeople and give them more reasons to love us
- Increasing brand awareness among the trade audience
- Representing MyBuilder at important trade shows and events
- Helping with the creation of content including blog posts, website articles and emails
- Reporting on key industry developments and trends and identifying opportunities for development
- Implementing a trade engagement strategy and getting the support of stakeholders within the business
Who you are
You will ideally have experience of working as a tradesperson or be someone who has spent a significant part of their career working directly with tradespeople. You are great at managing your priorities and time and able to efficiently prioritise your work. You’re a great communicator - both verbally and in writing, and you thrive as part of a tight team with a shared vision.
- Experience of working in the building/construction industry
- Experience of producing content, including written material, for a trade audience
- Highly motivated, with the desire to develop your knowledge of the trades
- Proven experience building and developing relationships
- Experience working with - and influencing - senior stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to leverage trade insights to drive strategic recommendations.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
About the Marketing Team
Like any team, great results depend on having the right mix of people, all pulling in the same direction. We’re made up of ex-journalists, PPC pros, events experts and even a world-class photojournalist. While we’ve all come to MyBuilder with vastly different experiences, there’s one thing we all believe in - and it’s fast becoming the unifying brand truth behind our marketing: if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
If you want to learn more, visit the marketing team page.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.