MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor).
Every week, thousands of jobs are posted by homeowners on MyBuilder and tradespeople from around the country come to their rescue. At the heart of the proposition are people: hopeful homeowners and skilful tradespeople. Our job as marketers is to bring them together by understanding their needs and demonstrating that we have what they need, exactly when they need it.
With such a brilliantly useful product there are many opportunities to appeal to both sides of the marketplace through content marketing. Whether it’s educating homeowners about what jobs entail or cost, to showing tradespeople how our new quote tool works, digital content has a central role to play.
The Digital Content Manager will spearhead the creation of visual content for our owned channels.
The role, which is totally new to MyBuilder, will be to ensure that we communicate through digital channels in a way that’s engaging and appeals to homeowners and tradespeople alike.
Who you are
You will be a digital native, with experience of regularly creating content, especially video, for websites and social media platforms. You’ll be a ‘people person’ used to communicating frequently with people from different backgrounds and with different experience; ideally you’ll have spent some time working with tradespeople, though that’s not essential. You are great at managing your priorities and time and able to efficiently prioritise your work. You’re a great communicator - both verbally and in writing, and you thrive as part of a tight team with a shared vision. You’ll be comfortable working end to end, from concept to completion and comfortable translating complex topics into easily digestible educational and informative narratives through visual mediums.
- Devise and craft creative concepts for video and other digital content that helps MyBuilder prospects and users understand and get the most from the platform.
- Edit and produce visual content for social media advertising, product and feature guides, customer stories, interviews with colleagues and whatever else we might need.
- Collaborate with product, customer and marketing colleagues to ensure that content that supports our product and aligns with our values and brand.
- Get great content design work shipped quickly and efficiently.
- Track record of designing, creating and publishing video and other visual content for digital channels
- Experience in script writing and storyboarding
- Able to edit and master audio (voice over, background tracks) and experience of creator tools like Adobe After Effects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to deliver creative ideas that delight
- Excellent self-starter who can collaborate with others across a business
- Prolific and experienced creative and user of social media
- A growth mindset and a ‘do-er’ with a willingness to execute on ideas
We’d love to see relevant examples of your work that correspond with the requirements of this role with your applications.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Marketing Team
Like any team, great results depend on having the right mix of people, all pulling in the same direction. We’re made up of ex-journalists, PPC pros, events experts and even a world-class photojournalist. While we’ve all come to MyBuilder with vastly different experiences, there’s one thing we all believe in - and it’s fast becoming the unifying brand truth behind our marketing: if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
If you want to learn more, visit the marketing team page.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.