MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
We’re looking for an experienced brand manager to join our growing team and help MyBuilder refine and communicate its brand message. You’ll be working within a close and collaborative marketing team, in addition to project-specific cross-functional teams. This is a varied and hands-on role that will suit a passionate and self-driven brand marketer with both a creative and analytical mindset.
The role is home-based until we can safely return to the office within COVID guidelines, after which there will be flexible options for working from home, in the office or hybrid.
- Help develop value propositions and communication strategies for both sides of MyBuilder’s marketplace, (homeowner and trade) that resonate with the needs of customers
- Assist with market research to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs and perspectives
- Collaborate with the creative and product teams to ensure consistency of messaging across the user interface and across marketing channels
- Ensure consistency of visual branding across all customer touch points
- Work closely with tech & product teams to optimise user experience and business performance
- Work with the digital marketing team, in-house videographer and social media manager to develop creative for digital advertising campaigns (including video) and MyBuilder’s social media channels
- Manage external agency relationships including briefing and negotiating terms.
- Give input on email marketing campaigns and on-site content
- Track brand performance including awareness and consideration metrics
- Identify and explore potential new branding and customer acquisition opportunities, such as partnerships and third party endorsements.
Essential experience and attributes
- 2-3 years experience in a brand marketing communications role
- Experience in developing and executing brand, creative and media content
- Experience designing and delivering user research
- Substantial copywriting experience
- Experience working alongside technical / product teams
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A proactive, self motivated nature
- A collaborative approach to working with others
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Excellent communication skills and ability to consider multiple stakeholder and audience perspectives
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of running PR campaigns and knowledge of SEO
- Design skills (any of the following: InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch/Canva)
- Experience developing employer brand strategies
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Marketing Team
Like any team, great results depend on having the right mix of people, all pulling in the same direction. We’re made up of ex-journalists, PPC pros, events experts and even a world-class photojournalist. While we’ve all come to MyBuilder with vastly different experiences, there’s one thing we all believe in - and it’s fast becoming the unifying brand truth behind our marketing: if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
If you want to learn more, visit the marketing team page.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.