MyBuilder is growing and we’re looking for the very best customer service champions to join our team. We wear many hats to best serve the needs of our homeowner and trade customers; problem solvers, cheerleaders, objection handlers, referees, counsellors and so much more. How these cases are dealt with is down to you. We strongly believe that by hiring the right people, we can trust them to take ownership of their role.
For the right person, this is a great opportunity. This is not your run of the mill customer service job, it’s easy to say we do things differently, but we really do. If you’re interested, show us that you’re someone we can’t afford to ignore - we love a well crafted cover letter and look forward to reading yours!
The role is fully home-based until we can safely return to the office within COVID guidelines after which we offer flexible remote, office based or hybrid working. We are particularly interested in talking to people who are able to work flexible hours which may include some evenings and/or weekends.
MyBuilder is a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group who also own companies such as Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, and HomeAdvisor.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of success in a service environment
- Bundles of enthusiasm and self motivation with a positive can do approach
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise tasks
- A passion for helping people - interacting with customers will come naturally to you, both over the phone and by email
- The ability to flourish in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- An understanding of the high level of productivity required to succeed in a role like this
- The ability to hit the ground running, quickly grasping the necessary product knowledge
- An aptitude for technology and the ability to adapt to new systems and processes
What you’ll be doing:
- With our training and support you’ll become an expert in everything MyBuilder has to offer. Your role will include:
- Understanding the needs of our customers and playing a key role in enhancing their experience
- Using your positive attitude and superb communication skills to successfully deal with challenging interactions
- Picking up the phone and having honest and engaging conversations with our users
- Responding to emails and support requests from homeowners and tradespeople about our service
- Prioritising your workload and working effectively as part of a team
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, at our office in central London or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Support Team
Support is the friendly face our customers turn to when they need help using MyBuilder. We’re proud MyBuilder experts and advocates. Our job is to listen and understand the person behind each case, figuring out and solving problems in a professional manner, helping each customer get the most out of our service.
The Support team is part of the Customer Service team at MyBuilder.