MyBuilder is growing and we’re looking for the very best customer service champions to join our team. We wear many hats to best serve the needs of our homeowner and trade customers, and we are looking for someone with the flexibility and skill to handle a varied caseload, supporting multiple departments across the business.
For the right person, this is a great opportunity. This is not your run of the mill customer service job, it’s easy to say we do things differently, but we really do. If you’re interested, show us that you’re someone we can’t afford to ignore - we love a well crafted cover letter and look forward to reading yours!
We offer a fully flexible working environment with options to work remotely, at our lovely Gateshead office or a mix of both. We are particularly interested in talking to people who are able to work flexible hours which may include some evenings and/or weekends.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of success in a service environment
- Bundles of enthusiasm and self motivation with a positive can do approach
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritise tasks
- A passion for helping people - interacting with customers will come naturally to you, both over the phone and by email
- The ability to flourish in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- An understanding of the high level of productivity required to succeed in a role like this
- The ability to hit the ground running, quickly grasping the necessary product knowledge
- An aptitude for technology and the ability to adapt to new systems and processes
What you’ll be doing:
With our training and support you’ll become an expert in everything MyBuilder has to offer. Your role will include:
- Understanding the needs of our customers and playing a key role in enhancing their experience
- Using your positive attitude and superb communication skills to successfully deal with challenging interactions
- Picking up the phone and having honest and engaging conversations with our users
- Using your in-depth knowledge of our services and policies to price and moderate jobs posted by homeowners
- Responding to emails and support requests from homeowners and tradespeople about our service
- Prioritising your workload and working effectively as part of a team
MyBuilder is a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group who also own companies such as Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder and HomeAdvisor.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Support Team
Support is the friendly face our customers turn to when they need help using MyBuilder. We’re proud MyBuilder experts and advocates. Our job is to listen and understand the person behind each case, figuring out and solving problems in a professional manner, helping each customer get the most out of our service.
The Support team is part of the Customer Service team at MyBuilder.
Our Tyne & Wear Office
Nestled between the historic cathedral city of Durham, the vibrant cultural buzz of Newcastle and the stunning scenery of the coastline, you’re guaranteed a warm, friendly north east welcome at our Gateshead office, home to the Jobs team. Perfectly located for local transport links and with plenty of free parking, our modern, bright and breezy office is a hub of activity. Whether you enjoy culture, the great outdoors or want to sample the infamous nightlife of Newcastle, our Gateshead office is in easy reaching distance to the best the North East has to offer.