MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our headquarters reflect our unique culture: we have an office bar, guitars, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
The Trade Quality team is responsible for screening and monitoring tradespeople, so our homeowner customers have the best experience using MyBuilder. Our application process for tradespeople is highly selective and we employ a range of industry-leading screening checks to help us identify the best candidates. As one of our assessment developers, you will drive improvements to our knowledge-based trade evaluation system.
Working with the trade quality manager and software development team, you will help develop content, tools and processes that ensure consistent quality standards are met. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Research, write, edit and publish assessment content across multiple subject disciplines.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key customers during content development.
- Produce and maintain model answers and knowledge bank.
- Develop marking schemes and criteria that promote accurate and consistent results.
- Create and test new question types and assessment concepts.
- Analyse evaluation results in order to iterate and optimise questions.
- Stay up to date with trends and changes across the building trades.
- Provide regular feedback to evaluation reviewers and other members of the customer operations team.
Who we’re looking for
It’s the people that make MyBuilder, so you’ll have to be the right fit for an ambitious, fast-growing business. Among the many qualities we value in our employees, we like people who are curious, passionate and not afraid to have a go at something they’ve never done before. Specifically for this role we’re also keen to meet candidates with the following experience and skills:
- Highly organised and adept at juggling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Analytical, able to make evidence-based decisions.
- An ability to forge connections with people to really understand what is important to them and their work.
- Excellent all-round communication and interpersonal skills.
- Your role will involve researching, writing and marking assessment content so we are especially interested in meeting people who have prior experience in publishing, editorial or teaching.
- While you don’t need to have a trade background, a keen interest in home improvements is essential!
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fresh food and exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.