We are looking for a Claims Manager to join our Insurance Claims Team in London. The team plays a vital role in assessing and resolving all insurance claims and ultimately helping customers get their home improvement jobs successfully completed. We offer a flexible working environment with options to work remotely, at our Central London office or a mix of both.
About the role
MyBuilder Plus is an optional insurance product for homeowners that takes away the stress and financial risk if the unexpected happens with their home improvement job. If things go wrong you will act as the marketplace referee - listening to both sides of the story, remaining impartial and fair with a view to helping both parties resolve their differences. If the relationship can’t be salvaged, you will make sure the claim is resolved fairly and the policyholder is not left out of pocket.
We believe our customers deserve an excellent experience when they make a claim so naturally, we expect first-class customer service from our Claims Managers. On a typical day you will:
- Speak with all parties involved in a dispute and attempt conciliation
- Provide clear and straightforward advice that guides all parties to a timely resolution
- Help homeowners manage their projects through to completion
- Assess and resolve formal claims & complaints raised by homeowners, liaising with our insurance partners and regulators where needed
- Comprehensively document all case information and records
- Manage your own varied & complex caseload
- Identify & escalate high-risk trade accounts for further investigation by our Trade Quality team
- Help Government organisations - such as Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service - with their investigations
- Develop and improve internal policies, procedures and tools
Who we’re looking for
This is an important role that plays a key part in the continued growth of MyBuilder. To be successful, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A comprehensive track record of handling complex customer complaints, disputes or insurance claims
- A natural desire to help others. Able to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life
- Balanced and easy going with the ability to navigate emotionally charged disputes between tradespeople and homeowners
- Strong interpersonal skills. An effective listener who can negotiate and give clear advice to people in difficult situations
- A natural communicator, showing real pride in being clear, concise and persuasive - both in writing and on the phone
- Calm under pressure. Impartial and empathetic in difficult situations
- Evidence-led, using logic and sound judgement when making decisions
- A flair for finding solutions to challenging problems
- First-class organisation and time management skills
- Comfortable with technology and software
- Previous experience in handling contracts and insurance policies is a plus
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.