MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
MyBuilder operates throughout the UK. Our bright and spacious office is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell (the most interesting creative hotspot in London), with great surrounding areas of East London, including Shoreditch, Old Street and Angel! Nearest underground station is Farringdon. We enjoy shiny Apple products, excellent coffee, free lunches, lively banter and the most competitive office table tennis league in town (probably). Come join our team!
Our customer service team are on the front line at MyBuilder. We are the eyes and ears of the company and the voice of our customers. We help people resolve their issues and turn unhappy users into evangelists. We proudly believe in the service we provide, promoting long-term usage with a keen focus on customer retention.
As a customer dispute advisor, you are responsible for helping our customers resolve their differences. Home improvement projects are complicated and things don’t always go according to plan. If a relationship turns sour, our customers come to us for support. There are often two sides to a story so, as marketplace referees, we have to remain impartial and fair. Where possible, we try to patch things up by listening to both parties, asking questions and encouraging dialogue. Otherwise, we provide high-quality advice so that both sides can act for themselves. To achieve all this, you’ll need to build rapport, manage expectations and deliver clear, effective recommendations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Owning escalated cases and managing the customer dispute process
- Speaking with all parties involved in a dispute and attempting conciliation
- Providing clear and straightforward advice that guides all parties to a timely resolution
- Educating our customers to promote a positive experience of using MyBuilder
- Identifying and escalating high-risk accounts for further investigation by our Trade Quality team
- Comprehensively documenting all case information
- Helping Government organisations with their investigations
- Developing and improving internal policies, procedures and tools
Who we’re looking for
This is a senior customer service position. While you don’t need specific qualifications for this role, you should ideally have a track record of handling complex customer cases and complaints. We’re especially interested in meeting people who have the following qualities and skills:
- A natural desire to help others and bags of empathy. Able to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life.
- Balanced and easy going - navigating emotionally charged disputes between tradesmen and job posters can be challenging at times.
- Calm under pressure. Comfortable dealing with an angry tradesman or upset homeowner, and able to give clear advice to people in difficult situations.
- Fair, yet able to make tough decisions.
- Outstanding communication skills. You enjoy talking to people, take pride in writing a great email and know how to adapt your tone to suit each enquiry.
- Good analysis and investigation skills.
- Previous disputes resolution or consumer affairs experience would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with technology. Able to quickly learn new applications and processes.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.