MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
MyBuilder operates throughout the UK. Our bright and spacious office is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell (the most interesting creative hotspot in London), with great surrounding areas of East London, including Shoreditch, Old Street and Angel! Nearest underground station is Farringdon. We enjoy shiny Apple products, excellent coffee, free lunches, lively banter and the most competitive office table tennis league in town (probably). Come join us!
As one of our senior customer service advisors, you’ll spend your time helping homeowners get the most from their experience of using MyBuilder.
Home improvement projects are complicated and things don’t always go according to plan. If a relationship turns sour, homeowners come to us for guidance. There are often two sides to a story so we have to remain impartial and fair. Where possible, we try to patch things up. Otherwise, we provide high-quality advice so the customer can act for themselves. Occasionally, we may be called on to help Government organisations with their investigations.
It’s not all heavy lifting. A big part of your day-to-day role will involve helping homeowners use MyBuilder, so you will have plenty of opportunities to go above and beyond, giving our users a memorable service experience.
Who we’re looking for
This is a senior customer service position. While you don’t need specific qualifications for this role, you should have a track record of handling complex customer enquiries and complaints. We’re especially interested in meeting people with these qualities and skills:
- A natural desire to help others and bags of empathy. Able to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life.
- Balanced and easy going - navigating emotionally charged disputes between tradesmen and job posters can be challenging at times.
- Calm under pressure. Comfortable dealing with an angry tradesman or upset homeowner, and able to give clear advice to people in difficult situations.
- Fair, yet able to make tough decisions.
- Outstanding communication skills. You enjoy talking to people, take pride in writing a great email and know how to adapt your tone to suit each enquiry.
- Good analysis and investigation skills.
- Previous consumer affairs experience would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with technology. Able to quickly learn new applications and processes.
Why you’ll like working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy excellent coffee, great food and lively banter. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
Send your CV tell us why this is the role for you. No copy and paste cover letters please - we can spot them a mile off and they go straight in the bin.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.