MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Our bright and spacious office is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell (the most interesting creative hotspot in London), with great surrounding areas of East London, including Shoreditch, Old Street and Angel! Nearest underground station is Farringdon. We enjoy shiny Apple products, excellent coffee, free lunches and lively banter. Come join us!
Our customer service team are on the front line at MyBuilder. We are the eyes and ears of the company and the voice of our customers. We help people resolve their issues and turn unhappy users into evangelists. We proudly believe in the service we provide, promoting long-term usage with a keen focus on customer retention.
As a customer dispute advisor, you are responsible for helping our customers resolve their differences. Home improvement projects are complicated and things don’t always go according to plan. If a relationship turns sour, our customers come to us for support. There are often two sides to a story so, as marketplace referees, we have to remain impartial and fair. Where possible, we try to patch things up by listening to both parties, asking questions and encouraging dialogue. Otherwise, we provide high-quality advice so that both sides can act for themselves. To achieve all this, you’ll need to build rapport, manage expectations and deliver clear, effective recommendations.
- Owning escalated cases and managing the customer dispute process
- Speaking with all parties involved in a dispute and attempting conciliation
- Providing clear and straightforward advice that guides all parties to a timely resolution
- Educating our customers to promote a positive experience of using MyBuilder
- Identifying and escalating high-risk accounts for further investigation by our Trade Quality team
- Comprehensively documenting all case information
- Helping Government organisations with their investigations
- Managing your own varied and complex caseload alongside other activities
- Developing and improving internal policies, procedures and tools
Who we’re looking for
This is a senior customer service position. While you don’t need specific qualifications for this role, you should have a track record of handling complex customer complaints or disputes. We’re especially interested in meeting people who can demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- A natural desire to help others. Able to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life.
- Balanced and easy going - navigating emotionally charged disputes between tradesmen and job posters can be challenging at times.
- Strong interpersonal skills. An effective listener who can negotiate and give clear advice to people in difficult situations.
- Fair, yet able to make tough decisions.
- Fantastic written communication skills. You take pride in writing clear, concise emails and know how to adapt your tone to suit each enquiry.
- Organised and comfortable managing a high volume of cases at any one time.
- Previous alternative dispute resolution experience would be beneficial.
- Comfortable with technology. Able to quickly learn new applications and processes.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.