MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London.
Are you an expert decision maker with a great eye for detail and the confidence to make tough decisions? Do you thrive in a high pressured, ever-changing environment? Would you relish the responsibility of being part of a team that is shaping the reputation of an industry leading company, on the cusp of revolutionising the market? If so, MyBuilder and our Trade Quality team needs you!
Due to an exciting period of growth, MyBuilder are looking for a Customer Operations Associate to join the team and assist in the companies continued success. Employing a range of technical tools, backed by sound judgement, the Customer Operations Associate’s goal is to ensure homeowners meet only the best tradespeople and retain faith and loyalty in MyBuilder and its brand. A typical day in the role may include:
- Processing new applications & making decisions on their suitability for the site.
- Investigating and monitoring the use and abuse of the site and feedback system.
- Carrying out a risk assessment on a trade account following a customer complaint.
- Provide helpful and friendly assistance to tradespeople regarding their accounts.
- Collaborate with our Disputes team to review high-risk accounts.
- Contribute new ideas and share insights which would improve the team’s current processes.
Find out how our expert Trade Quality team decide which tradespeople make the cut!
You won’t have any specific qualifications, however, you will have a real passion for providing great service and helping MyBuilder customers to succeed. You will also possess certain skills and attributes including:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Being comfortable working on your own initiative and making difficult decisions
- An aptitude for technology and the ability to adapt to new systems and processes
- The ability to flourish in a highly charged, ever expanding landscape
- Excellent self motivation and a genuine interest in personal development
- An aptitude for qualitative research, helping to inform our decisions on quality and the effective functioning of the site
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
About the Trade quality Team
We not only screen each person who joins the site, performing background research, identity checks, etc., but continually monitor to ensure top-notch quality. Our proprietary tracking technology enables us to identify dodgy activity: suspicious accounts, fake feedback, and inappropriate content. It’s our job to make sure that MyBuilder stays safe and reliable for everyone. We are the investigators and protectors of MyBuilder.
If you want to learn more, visit the trade quality team page.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.