MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.) Our bright and spacious HQ is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell, the most interesting creative hotspot in London.
We’re looking for an experienced customer service manager to lead our Consumer Team. Based at our Central London office, you will lead a small team of Customer Support Advisors across our consumer support and escalations teams. This position reports to the Head of Customer Service.
What you’ll be doing
- Build a high-performing customer service team. Communicate direction and goals, coach and provide regular performance feedback.
- Be an effective player-coach. Dedicate a portion of your time each week to rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- Develop and optimise workflows to improve productivity. Create procedures that promote best practice and ensure consistency across all our customer service teams.
- Create working patterns that deliver optimum service levels.
- Think of innovative new ways to deliver a memorable customer support experience.
- Work with other teams to improve our screening methods and help deliver a safer service to consumers.
- Gain insight into user issues, making recommendations to improve our product and service.
- Create and own departmental objectives & key results to identify, prioritise, implement and measure actions that matter most to the business.
- Champion individual and team achievements within the company.
Who we’re looking for
We seek a smart, energetic and experienced leader who knows how to motivate a team and get things done. Our ideal candidate will also ideally have the following skills/experience:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a customer service management role - preferably at a tech business.
- Passionate about developing and motivating people to achieve great results.
- Ability to think strategically and understand the impact that decisions will have on the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to establish credibility quickly and build relationships effectively across the business.
- Advanced technology user. Proven experience of using tech to improve productivity and enhance existing operational processes.
- Experience of using and managing a help desk system, like Salesforce, Desk.com or Zendesk.
- Excellent resource planning and organisational skills. Able to prioritise according to ever-changing demands.
- Data driven. Able to build and analyse reports to gain customer insight.
- Experience of working in a regulatory or similar environment.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.