MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.) MyBuilder operates throughout the UK. Our bright and spacious HQ is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell, the most interesting creative hotspot in London.
Based at our Central London office, we’re looking for an experienced customer service manager to lead our Customer Disputes Team. This exciting new position reports to the Head of Customer Service.
What you’ll be doing
- Build a high-performing team in support of a new strategic business initiative. Communicate direction and goals, coach and provide regular performance feedback.
- Create policies & procedures that drive excellent service delivery, promote best practice and meet our compliance obligations. Design and optimise workflows to improve productivity.
- Create and own departmental objectives & key results to identify, prioritise, implement and measure actions that matter most to the business.
- Think of innovative new ways to deliver a memorable customer experience.
- Work with other managers to develop our product offering.
- Actively oversee all disputes and claims cases. Handle escalations and complex cases.
- Be an effective player-coach. Dedicate a portion of your time each week to rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- Gain insight into user issues, making recommendations to improve our product and service.
- Champion individual and team achievements within the company.
Who we’re looking for
We seek a smart, energetic and experienced leader who is hungry for a big new challenge. Our ideal candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a customer service management role, preferably with a background in dispute resolution, complaints or insurance claims management.
- Experience of recruiting a large new team from scratch and on-boarding employees at scale.
- Ability to think strategically and understand the impact that decisions will have on the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to establish credibility quickly and build relationships effectively across the business.
- Passionate about developing and motivating people to achieve great results.
- Strong technology user. Proven experience of using tech to improve productivity and enhance existing operational processes.
- Excellent resource planning and organisational skills. Able to prioritise according to ever-changing demands.
- Data driven. Able to build and analyse reports to gain customer insight.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and we’ll offer all the support you need to succeed and make the role your own.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.