MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
We recently launched MyBuilder Plus, an exciting new product that gives homeowners the opportunity to insure their job, providing peace of mind that work will be done right, guaranteed. We’re looking for experienced insurance claims handlers who want to join our dedicated team and help shape the future of MyBuilder Plus.
As a Claims Handler you will be responsible for helping our homeowners achieve the project of their dreams. When things go wrong, you’ll act as the marketplace referee - listening to both sides of the story, remaining impartial and fair with a view to helping our customers resolve their differences.
However, not all relationships can be salvaged, and that’s where our guarantee comes into play. You’ll need to consider the homeowner’s claim and, if the project is covered, you’ll step in and ensure the homeowner gets the great outcome that they deserve. With the support of our in-house experts, you’ll find a new tradesperson to deliver the job - and help the homeowner keep the project on track through to completion.
- Speaking with all parties involved in a dispute and attempting conciliation
- Providing clear and straightforward advice that guides all parties to a timely resolution
- Proactively helping homeowners find new tradespeople - to ensure their guaranteed project is delivered as quickly as possible
- Helping homeowners manage their projects through to completion
- Assessing and resolving formal claims & complaints raised by homeowners, liaising with our insurance partners and regulators where needed
- Comprehensively documenting all case information and records
- Managing your own varied & complex caseload
- Educating our customers to promote a positive experience of using MyBuilder
- Identifying & escalating high-risk trade accounts for further investigation by our Trade Quality team
- Helping Government organisations - such as Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman Service - with their investigations
- Developing and improving internal policies, procedures and tools
This is an important role that plays a key part in the continued growth of MyBuilder. To be successful, the skills and experience you’ll need are:
- A comprehensive track record of handling complex customer complaints, disputes or insurance claims.
- A natural desire to help others. Able to build rapport easily and relate to people from all walks of life
- Balanced and easy going with the ability to navigate emotionally charged disputes between tradespeople and homeowners
- Strong interpersonal skills. An effective listener who can negotiate and give clear advice to people in difficult situations
- A natural communicator, showing real pride in being clear, concise and persuasive - both in writing and on the phone
- Excellent decision-making skills - remaining impartial in difficult situations
- A flair for finding solutions to some challenging problems
- First class organisation and time management skills. Comfortable managing a large varied caseload including helping homeowners manage their projects through to completion
- A keen eye for detail with the ability to consider, understand and explain complex contracts and insurance policies
- Comfortable with technology and the latest products and software
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
About the Disputes Team
If a home improvement job doesn’t go to plan, the Disputes team are here to help our customers get things back on track. No matter how big or small the problem, our advisors are dedicated to helping homeowners and tradespeople find solutions. And if we can’t help people resolve their differences, we give the best advice to help our customers understand all of their options.
The Disputes team is part of the Customer Service team at MyBuilder.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.