MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
We want to work with people who are curious, honest, courageous and passionate - if that sounds like you and you want to work for an innovative, successful web business helping homeowners to find reliable tradespeople, then you may have found a new home.
IT at MyBuilder
We’re a product company, focusing on delivering high-quality software to our users, tradespeople and homeowners, as well as top-notch support to anyone who gets in touch. Our development process, and the way we work in general, has been honed through exploring various flavours of agile and we believe that our way of working helps us get the right things done at the right time.
We’re primarily an Apple shop with most people on iMacs and Macbooks, Airplaying to giant screens via Apple TV. As the company has matured from a small startup to a growing company, we’ve adopted various 3rd software technologies to help us get stuff done, including GDrive, Slack, Lastpass, Twilio, and more, as well as many home-grown technologies such as our own Admin management system for enabling teams to get stuff done.
Much of our IT support has been handled by the tech team, and we’re now ready to hire an IT Admin, IT Manager, IT Support person to help take on tasks from tech and ensure that everything in the business runs smoothly. This includes setting up and managing accounts, onboarding and offboarding employees, managing infrastructure, ensuring high call quality and network efficiency, and more.
One of our key company values is being scrappy, and we are looking for someone who has the knowledge and experience to figure stuff out and fix whatever’s broken.
We believe that this role can and should evolve with the needs of the business, and we’re looking for someone to help develop this role even further.
- Setting up and managing accounts
- Helping out with Lastpass, password resets, VPN, and accessing the network
- Supporting both the Clerkenwell and Tyne-and-Wear offices
- Creating and managing infrastructure
- Manage IT equipment at both the London and the Newcastle office (travel required)
- Optionally: This role can be mixed with the frontend web dev and/or site reliability engineering positions we have open
- Comprehensive Mac experience (we’re almost 100% mac); Windows knowledge a plus
- Past experience in IT Support; networking configuration / firewalls a plus
- Personal, friendly, and easy to work with
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.