We’re looking for a Customer Service Advisor to join our Trade Quality team in London. Our Trade Quality team fulfills the vital role of screening and monitoring tradespeople, so our homeowner customers have the best experience using MyBuilder.
We offer a fully flexible working environment with options to work remotely, at our Central London office or a mix of both.
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
Our Trade Quality team pride themselves on being expert decision makers, tasked with evaluating our tradespeople at all stages of their MyBuilder application, and monitoring their ongoing conduct. The role comes with a lot of responsibility, and your decisions will play a huge part in helping to maintain the reputation and integrity of the MyBuilder platform. Employing a range of technical tools backed by sound judgement, our mission is to ensure homeowners meet only the best tradespeople on MyBuilder.
What you’ll be doing
Our vetting standards are high which means the team is always busy working on a wide range of quality processes. In a typical day you will:
- Make decisions on applications from tradespeople who want to join MyBuilder.
- Conduct thorough background checks, process and check identity documents.
- Review certificates, accreditations and skills assessments to ensure our trade members are suitably qualified and experienced.
- Carry out thorough fraud checks to prevent misuse and protect the integrity of our highly-regarded feedback system.
- Conduct comprehensive and balanced account investigations in the event of customer complaints, taking action where appropriate.
- Correspond with tradespeople over email and phone, responding to a range of enquiries, ensuring applicants and customers receive an excellent level service.
- Help improve our quality processes to ensure only the very best tradespeople join and remain on our platform.
- Collaborate with colleagues in other customer operations teams, gathering evidence and intelligence to assist with investigations.
- Provide regular feedback to our product and tech team so we can improve our technology and tools and optimise the customer experience.
Who we’re looking for
Our perfect candidate won’t need to have specific qualifications or experience, however we are looking for people who are enthusiastic and have a real passion for helping our customers succeed. We’re especially interested in meeting people who have the following qualities and skills:
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong analytical and investigation skills
- Confidence to make tough decisions
- Methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised, focused and process-oriented
- Engaging, collaborative and an active contributor in team discussions
- An aptitude for technology and good at adapting to new systems and processes
- The ability to flourish in a high pressure, ever-changing environment
- Previous experience in a compliance or similar online trust and safety role a plus
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
About the Trade quality Team
We not only screen each person who joins the site, performing background research, identity checks, etc., but continually monitor to ensure top-notch quality. Our proprietary tracking technology enables us to identify dodgy activity: suspicious accounts, fake feedback, and inappropriate content. It’s our job to make sure that MyBuilder stays safe and reliable for everyone. We are the investigators and protectors of MyBuilder.
If you want to learn more, visit the trade quality team page.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.