MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
MyBuilder are looking for an experienced Facilities Manager, who can understand business needs to lead and deliver an excellent facilities function, ensuring the smooth running of an office.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to think two steps ahead, in a friendly and personable approach. This is a great opportunity to take ownership of all the office operations as well as play a key part in shaping the company’s culture.
Every day will be different, however the typical responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the upkeep of the office, ensuring basic facilities such as plumbing, heating and electrics are well maintained.
- Acting as the company ‘handyman’ - looking out for any DIY opportunities and acting upon them.
- Managing essential central services such as reception, security, post, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling.
- Helping maintain office systems, including IT set ups and other office equipment.
- Managing any outsourced contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring the facilities function meet government regulations, environmental, health & safety standards.
- Order birthday cakes, cards and the lighting of candles!
The right person
The ideal candidate will be a self starter, who enjoys proactively thinking ahead.
You will have great organisational experience managing an office and always be willing to get your hands dirty, sometimes literally!
At MyBuilder you’ll never hear that something is “not my job” so you should be prepared to take on a variety of tasks which all contribute to the success of the company.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Food team: participate and make lunch for the team, or just enjoy the results!
- An opportunity to be a part of our team band
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If this sounds like your next challenge, write to us. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.