People operations are focused on making MyBuilder a great place to work. Having made a significant investment in our organisation over the last 12 months, we are looking for an experienced People Operations / Human Resources Manager who will champion our workplace and culture, support our people, drive a wide range of employee initiatives and help us achieve our mission.
As our People Operations Manager, you will work on a wide range of activities across the company. You will become known as a hands-on person who is always looking to make MyBuilder a place where people love coming to work, who cares about and loves working with others and as someone who can juggle competing demands, reliably getting the job done with a smile on their face.
This role will be based out of our London office with options to work remote, hybrid or in the office.
In this role you will:
- Ensure that team members have everything they need to do their jobs well, no matter where they work
- Manage an onboarding programme that creates a memorable experience for new team members
- Organise team events, including ‘office days’, Summer and Christmas parties
- Help prepare for our all-hands company meetings
- Celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and other key milestones
- Create and share internal communications relating to changes in the workplace
- Coordinate and advise on our employee engagement survey programmes
- Manage and promote our employee benefits programme
- Organise and champion employee wellbeing initiatives
- Ensure the office is maintained to a high standard
- Advise and support managers and team members on human resources matters
- Support recruitment activities across the organisation
- Maintain our employee handbook and share updates with the team
- Work with the Management Team on company policy and process creation
- Manage our HRIS, ATS and other people operations software
- Advise the management team on changes to employment law
What you will bring to MyBuilder
You will be or have:
- 3+ years experience working in human resources or people operations, preferably at a fast-growing startup or scale-up
- CIPD Level 5 or above
- Effective at building relationships at all levels
- A natural, confident written and verbal communicator
- Approachable, empathetic and a great listener
- Balanced and pragmatic
- Highly organised, proactive and detail-oriented
- Discrete; handling confidential information with the utmost integrity
- A strong knowledge of and practical experience in UK employment law
- Comfortable with technology and software
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.