Employment Candidate Privacy Notice
MyBuilder Limited ( referred to as “MyBuilder” and collectively as “us” or “we”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. MyBuilder is a personal data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. This notice is aimed at informing you of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the local data protection law.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Maintained only for as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about, i.e. in relation to the recruitment exercise.
- Kept securely and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against loss or destruction using appropriate technical and organisational measures.
THE KIND OF DATA WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In connection with your application, we will collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you:
- The data you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae (“CV”) and the personal data contained in your covering letter.
- The data you have provided on our application form, including name, title, home/term address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, nationality, social media accounts, profession, professional memberships, educational achievements, diplomas, transcripts, languages, computer skills, national service completion (if applicable), identification number and any data you provide us during interviews at our premises.
- Any personal data provided to us about you by your referees (if applicable).
In certain circumstances when we are actively seeking talent, we may approach you to make you aware of career opportunities at MyBuilder that we believe may be of interest to you. We may source data concerning you from online sources such as LinkedIn. In connection with our approach to you, we will collect, use and store the following categories of personal data about you:
- The data you have available on an online forum or online CV.
- The data you have available to the public online, including name, title, home/term address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, nationality, social media accounts, profession, professional memberships, educational achievements, diplomas, transcripts, languages, computer skills, national service completion (if applicable), identification number and any data you provide us during later interviews following our approach at our premises or over the telephone.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We collect personal data about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: full name, periods of previous employment, performance during previous employment.
- From publicly accessible sources, such as Linkedin, etc., where we collect your full name, email, work history, and other data included on your profile.
Any telephone or video call made to you or received by you during the recruitment process may be recorded. This includes initial calls as well as any formal telephone/video interviews. The calls are recorded so we may refer back to any information you provide in order to help us determine your suitability for the role. The calls are also recorded for training and coaching purposes to ensure consistency across our recruitment function.
If you do not want any telephone or video call recorded, please advise MyBuilder in writing prior to any call.
All recordings will be kept for a period of up to 3 years. After this period, the recordings will be securely deleted.
HOW WE WILL USE DATA ABOUT YOU
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to the role since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint a suitable candidate for that role.
We need to process your personal data to decide whether to enter into a contract with you.
Having received your CV and covering letter and the results from any tests you took, we will then process that data to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If we invite you to an interview, we will use the data you provide to us at the interview to decide whether or not to offer you a role. If we decide to offer you a role, we may then take up references and/or any other check before confirming your appointment.
If you fail to provide personal data
If you fail to provide personal data when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we may not be able to process your application further. For example, if we require references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we may not be able to take your application further.
HOW WE USE PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
We will use your sensitive personal data only in so far as we are permitted by Law to do so :
- We will use data about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example, whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
- We will use data about your nationality, to assess whether a work permit and a visa will be necessary for the role.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
We utilise a third party recruitment software package provided by Workable Software Limited (“Workable”). We store all data concerning candidates on Workable’s platform.
We will utilise our best endeavours to ensure Workable (acting as a Data Processor) complies with the relevant data protection law and principles.
We reserve the right to change any third party data processor without any further notice to you.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal data on our specific instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. More information about these measures may be obtained from our website Privacy Notice.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you apply for a position at MyBuilder, we will retain your personal data for a period of 3 years after your last application date. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. We further retain such personal data in case a similar role becomes vacant for which we feel you may be a fitting candidate. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our data retention policy.
If we approach you for a position at MyBuilder, we will retain your personal data for a period of 3 years after your last application date. We retain your personal data for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. We further retain such personal data in case a similar role becomes vacant for which we feel you may be a fitting candidate. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with our data retention policy.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example, if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to review, verify or correct your personal data, please . If you wish to request erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your personal data, please .
ADDRESS DATA PROTECTION QUERIES
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please . You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office.