MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
What does the role involve?
We operate marketplaces in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, The Netherlands and Austria that connect homeowners with tradespeople. We are starting an exciting new team to massively increase our knowledge about the trades, the work they do, the regulations and the construction industry. This team will be responsible for gathering and sharing subject matter expert knowledge, producing the right content for several features in our platform, and creating editorial content for our customers.
In this role, you will be leading that team. The team will also consist of one subject matter expert with tradespeople background, and two young professionals with digital expertise, who have to be trained as subject matter experts. They will all report to you.
The role is home-based until we can safely return to the office within COVID guidelines, after which there will be flexible options for working from home, hybrid or office based working.
- Proactively share subject matter expertise with the 20 product development teams in our organisation
- Ensure that our 20 product development teams get answers to subject matter related questions in a timely fashion - your team has to become the go-to team for subject matter expertise
- Manage the projects in which subject matter expertise is required to deliver features and functionalities (e.g. tradespeople evaluation forms, job posting forms)
- Manage the editorial content production of our platforms in six countries
- Hire and coach 1 subject matter expert and 2 young professionals
- Attract and manage a large network of freelance content writers, and freelance tradespeople
Who we are looking for
- You are an experienced product professional with a strong business orientation
- You have multiple years of experience in product management and you have ideally worked successfully on launching new teams and new products
- You have contributed to great products that operate across multiple countries, cultures and languages
- You prefer to work in a structured and systematic environment, and are a strong project manager
- You are willing to dig in and do what it takes to make sure the business succeeds
- You are a servant leader with the interpersonal skills to operate cross-functionally and within the business in multiple countries and offices
- You have prior experience with managing and coaching (small) teams
- Your communication skills (in English) are excellent and you have the ability to motivate others and execute on the strategy without needing to be in the room
- A big plus for having prior experience in the construction industry
- A big plus for having prior experience in management and production of editorial content
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, at our office in central London or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Product Team
At MyBuilder, we believe strongly in good quality code, a craftsperson attitude to engineering our code and systems, and continuous learning and improvements. Our systems have developed our own knowledge and experience, and we constantly evolve our tech to match the needs of the business.
If you want to learn more, visit the tech team page and have a look at our tech blog.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.