MyBuilder is a growing marketplace for homeservices in the UK, a top leader in its space, and part of IAC; a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). Based in Clerkenwell, central London, MyBuilder operates throughout the UK with sister companies in most major markets through IAC.
We are looking for an experienced (minimum 3 years) Product Designer to join us in our mission to help homeowners choose great tradespeople, and help great tradespeople succeed.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a designer, a thinker, a coder, someone comfortable with pixels and programming. You need to be passionate, product-focused, willing to get your hands dirty and try new things. As design is deeply embedded in tech and product, you’ll be contributing directly to the all our applications by creating new experiences, optimising existing features, and committing to Github. We’re in the midst of developing a new and exciting product, as well as redefining the brand positioning – both of these projects will require deep creative thinking and design expertise. If all of this excites you, read on.
You’ll need a strong understanding of interface standards, usability, accessibility and interactivity to tackle the design challenges you’ll be solving. You’ll be asked to design applications that scale responsively without compromising on features or usability, then develop those designs in HTML, CSS, and hopefully some React too; all skills we can help develop here.
Our ideal candidate is a self starter with a highly creative mind and isn’t afraid of diving deep into complex problems that you’ll solve as part of a team. To solve these problems and make informed product decisions you’ll need to develop a detailed understanding of our user-base, utilising the knowledge of teams across the business. Collaborating with others across the business including product and tech, customer service, marketing, and more, the successful candidate will be a key contributor in turning conceptual ideas into reality. Once features are built, you’ll be testing and validating them before, during and after launch.
- Design the end-to-end UX and design process, including wireframing, UI design and prototyping.
- Develop the front-end for the designs you work on in responsive HTML, CSS, and React too.
- Help bring ideas to life and add that extra level of polish to create delightful experiences for our users.
- Address consumer pain points using insight and data to improve the customer journey.
- Aligning your output to the team and company goals through team OKRs.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with other departments throughout the company, and occasionally the wider international group.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback with colleagues.
- Contribute to style guides and design systems to ensure consistency across the brand and product. *Being involved in multiple concurrent projects, balancing your workload and priorities.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team; 5 in design/product and 10 in tech/engineering - meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy excellent coffee, great food, in a friendly and social atmosphere. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world-class team on a mission to make the world a better place. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Bonus holiday scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Regular social activities arranged by our events team
- A stocked kitchen should you get hungry
- Drinks on Friday at our all hands company celebration meeting
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.