MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of its online platform. Our mission is to help homeowners choose great builders, and we help great builders succeed. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
Reporting in to our Head of Product, we are looking for a creative, interdisciplinary, and resourceful product manager who can deliver measurable, functional, and delightful experiences to both consumers and tradespeople. Not only will you be responsible for helping to define the roadmap, you will also dive deep into details, working closely with design, tech, marketing, and other areas of the business to ensure the right features are built to address specific problems. You will be responsible for understanding the needs (pain, difficulty, but also opportunity) of both sets of users, consumers and tradespeople, identifying product improvements that are effective and usable.
The successful candidate will collaborate with all areas of the business and have the opportunity to turn meaningful ideas into reality. This critical role requires user empathy, strong cross-team collaboration skills, and the ability to communicate ideas and opinions effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in planning and developing the roadmap, long term and short term, focusing on features that align to objectives and key results.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative features.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Develop new product ideas and functions based on user needs, pain points, or possible business opportunity that will increase engagement, growth, and revenue.
- Become the go-to person in the product team for clarifying details of features, projects, and even minor or small bug and copy fixes.
- Proven experience as a product manager, prioritising, defining, and delivering user facing experiences.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Significant analytical and technical understanding with the ability to challenge and be challenged to ensure all decisions will create impact.
- Creative thinker with a passion for products, with the ability to excite and engage.
- Able to communicate with both technology and business teams.
- Comfortable designing simple user interfaces, creating basic wireframes and mockups to communicate an idea or feature.
- Experience working across all platforms (mobile, desktop and tablet).
- Familiarity with writing specifications and working in a Kanban / Agile environment.
- Strong customer focus and user empathy.
You’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We will also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send us your CV’s!
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.