MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
What does the role involve?
We are seeking a product manager wanting the opportunity to make a measurable difference at MyBuilder as we head into the future. We require passionate people to join our empowered teams, tasked with solving our business’ toughest problems. As product manager, you will drive a cross-functional product team to deliver delightful experiences to consumers and tradespeople alike, through solutions that work for our business. You will ensure solutions are valuable, usable, feasible, and viable, knowing who to collaborate with to succeed within each measure. You will understand the various constraints of the business, be it marketing, service, finance, legal, privacy, or other, guiding the team in the pursuit of discovering great solutions, knowing how to communicate and align with stakeholders throughout the journey.
A MyBuilder product manager develops a deep knowledge of our users and gets into the details (and data) bringing insights to the team throughout continuous cycles of discovery and delivery. They understand that consistent innovation and finding the ultimate solution is the result of each member of the product team contributing their passion and ideas. It’s imperative that they work well with product designers, researchers, data scientists, engineers, and senior leadership, to discover the best solutions, working together to deliver those solutions.
Ultimately, you must love the idea of being challenged to solve difficult problems and being accountable for how your team approaches solving these problems. You believe that outcomes matter more than output, and that success will come from working collaboratively, from influencing your teammates, colleagues, stakeholders, and senior management alike, and with well communicated logic and data.
- Be accountable in leading a team tasked with solving important business problems
- Be confident leading the discovery and valuation of potential opportunities, communicated well with senior management and the broader company
- Define and analyse key metrics and data to understand and convey potential product and business successes.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Develop new product ideas and functions based on data, insights, user needs, business needs, and stellar prioritisation that will increase engagement, growth, and revenue.
- Direct the design, technical development, and launch of innovative and valuable features.
- Become the go-to person in your team for clarifying details of features, projects, and even minor or small bug and copy fixes.
- Lead retrospectives and learning exercises with the team to assess progress and outcomes against key success metrics
- Collaborate with marketing, support, customer ops, and other members of the team to ensure business needs are met and product work is visible and understood by the wider MyBuilder team.
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years of proven experience as a product manager, prioritising, defining, and delivering user facing experiences.
- Creative thinker with a passion for products and an ability to motivate and excite others in the pursuit of solving difficult problems
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Analytical and technical understanding with the ability to challenge and be challenged to ensure all decisions will create impact.
- Able to communicate with both technology, business teams, and leadership.
- Experience working across all platforms (mobile, desktop and tablet).
- Familiarity with defining problems and opportunities, writing specifications and working in a Kanban / Agile environment.
- Strong customer focus and user empathy.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Product Team
At MyBuilder, we believe strongly in good quality code, a craftsperson attitude to engineering our code and systems, and continuous learning and improvements. Our systems have developed our own knowledge and experience, and we constantly evolve our tech to match the needs of the business.
If you want to learn more, visit the tech team page and have a look at our tech blog.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.