MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
We are looking for a self-motivated graduate to join the product team as a Research and Content developer. This person will be responsible for assisting the product team and others with research efforts, data analysis and content creation.
As part of the Product Team you’ll work on many different projects that have an impact on all areas of the business. What makes this role special is its cross-functional nature. You will be working on different parts of the site, and are sure to pick up new skills along the way. Your responsibilities will include:
- Researching building trades, market conditions & homeownership
- Composing content & copy for the site & newsletters
- Analysing of business trends & metrics
- Creating of internal presentations & other communications
- Supporting product, tech & UX teams in feature & new product development & testing
On a typical day you might:
- Organise and run workshops with users in order to gather valuable insight to feed into product development
- Review content for our trade evaluations to ensure it is up-to-date so we’re only letting the best tradespeople onto the site
- Work alongside our data team to analyse user behaviour and make recommendations based on your observations
- With the help of our trade experts, create new content for our Quote Tool using TypeScript syntax
- Conduct desk research on various topics related to the trade industry and write, edit and publish content on our trade hub
- Work closely with our User Researchers and engage with job posters and tradespeople, to deliver qualitative and quantitative user-centred insights that help shape our product roadmap
In time, we expect you to become an expert in all things building-related. This is an exciting opportunity for graduates looking to gain experience in a wide array of areas.
Who we’re looking for
It’s the people that make MyBuilder, and we’re looking for a degree-educated candidate who has the energy and work ethic for an ambitious, fast-growing business. Among the many qualities we value in our employees, we like people who are curious, passionate and not afraid to have a go at something they’ve never done before.
- We’re looking for a bright graduate with qualitative and quantitative research skills and experience. You’ll be able to demonstrate experience in problem solving, and thinking creatively.
- As you’ll be working across multiple teams, the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders from across the business is a must-have.
- While we don’t expect you to be a software engineer, some level of tech-savviness is required (fluency with Google or Office suite, ability to quickly learn new tech tools and platforms).
- Experience in the home improvement / building industry is not necessary, but some interest is definitely a plus.
- Last but not least, a can-do attitude is essential. DIY is in our DNA, and we’re always keen to discover new areas in which to improve our service.
Don’t worry if you feel you might not be able to tackle all of these yet, we’ll provide you with all the necessary tools and training.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
About the Product Team
At MyBuilder, we believe strongly in good quality code, a craftsperson attitude to engineering our code and systems, and continuous learning and improvements. Our systems have developed our own knowledge and experience, and we constantly evolve our tech to match the needs of the business.
If you want to learn more, visit the tech team page and have a look at our tech blog.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.