MyBuilder is enjoying an exciting period of growth and we are planning changes that will transform the business. We are looking for an experienced and innovative leader with a background in insurance to join our team and help us take MyBuilder to the next level. This role comes with a heavy focus on building and leading a claims team to deliver an outstanding customer experience, ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and working closely with stakeholders to exceed our ambitious goals.
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and form part of IAC group, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). Well established but still a startup at heart, we take pride in our collaborative, innovative and social culture that we believe brings out the best in all of us. Our bright and spacious HQ is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell, the most interesting creative hotspot in London.
What you’ll be doing
- Build a high-performing team in support of a new strategic business initiative.
- Collaborate with senior management to create policies & procedures that drive excellent service, promote best practice and meet our compliance obligations.
- Create and own departmental objectives & key results to identify, prioritise, implement and measure actions that matter most to the business.
- Maintain successful partnerships with stakeholders and Insurance Partners.
- Design and optimise workflows to improve productivity.
- Assisting MyBuilder to meet their reporting requirements and report directly to senior management and the board.
- Liaise with the PRA and FCA.
- Think of innovative new ways to deliver a memorable customer experience.
- Work with other managers to develop our product offering.
- Communicate direction and goals, coach and provide regular performance feedback.
- Be an effective player-coach. Dedicate a portion of your time each week to rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- Gain insight into user issues, making recommendations to improve our product and service.
- Champion individual and team achievements within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree
- CII or CILA qualifications desirable
You should have a minimum of 5 years experience in a management role in a regulated environment, preferably with a background in a dispute resolution, complaints or insurance claims management. We also want to meet people who can discuss their experience in:
- Recruiting a large new team from scratch and on-boarding employees at scale.
- Liaising with FCA, PRA, Financial Ombudsman and the Courts.
- Responding to legislative change.
- Creating and documenting compliant policies and procedures.
- Training, developing and mentoring claims consultants.
- Working with underwriters to feedback on product performance and assist in the development of the product.
- Binding Authority Agreements and their impact on day-to-day operations.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Ability to think strategically, laterally and understand the impact that decisions will have on the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to establish credibility quickly and build relationships effectively across the business.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Passionate about developing and motivating other people to achieve great results.
- Strong technology user. Proven experience of using tech to improve productivity and enhance existing operational processes.
- Excellent resource planning and organisational skills. Able to prioritise according to ever-changing demands.
- Data-driven. Able to build and analyse reports to gain customer insight.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate and we’ll offer all the support you need to succeed and make the role your own.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Weekly and Monthly social events including 5aside Football, Film Club, Drinks & Dinners
- Drinks on Friday at our all-hands company celebration meeting
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.