MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of the Instapro Group, the technology company powering Europe’s leading home services marketplaces.
What does the role involve?
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer who’s a passionate advocate for the voice of the customer and can foster and evangelise user centred design principles in the organisation.
This role has an end-to-end responsibility - from discovery and ideation to delivery - you’ll create and optimise features that make a material impact in our customers’ lives, as well as helping us to achieve our business goals.
You’ll play a key role in the product team - through planning design thinking activities and conducting user research, to designing user flows, testing prototypes and studying data, you will continuously help guide and enhance our offering for our UK customers.
- Plan and conduct research with users to understand their needs
- Own the design process, from start to finish
- Design interfaces, user-flows and information hierarchies that create a rewarding and motivating user experience
- Create interactive prototypes for testing and development
- Write intuitive UX copy that helps guide users through the experience
- Review and critique design from your peer designers
- Use UX metrics and user research insights to inform your design decisions
- Plan UX/UI priorities with Product Managers
- Constantly improve the usability and user experience of all our digital touch points
- Own, contribute and expand our Design System
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on UX design experience - we’re keen to see top-notch solutions across content, platforms and devices in your portfolio
- 2+ years of experience in a customer facing digital marketplace
- Experience planning and conducting user research; from ethnography to validation and usability.
- Strong Interaction Design, Information Architecture, and User Interface Design skills
- You have in-depth customer behaviour knowledge and understand how to translate insights into customer journeys and product/service requirements
- Know all about the good, the bad and the ugly of UX and UI design. You understand that good design is about moving people instead of moving pixels
- Master your tools. Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.
- A team player, while also being able to work autonomously
- Proactive bringing knowledge, best practices, etc, to help build the skills of the team
- Creative, open to learning new things and embracing diverse ideas
- Fluency in English so you can communicate easily with all of your colleagues and conduct user interviews across the UK
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Product Team
At MyBuilder, we believe strongly in good quality code, a craftsperson attitude to engineering our code and systems, and continuous learning and improvements. Our systems have developed our own knowledge and experience, and we constantly evolve our tech to match the needs of the business.
If you want to learn more, visit the tech team page and have a look at our tech blog.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.