MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London.
What the role involves
The Trade Support team help great tradespeople adopt and use MyBuilder to meet and exceed their business goals. We proudly believe in the service we provide, promoting long-term usage with a keen focus on customer retention.
Your job will be to support, guide and influence our trade users over the phone and by email. You will cultivate relationships, overcome objections and offer friendly, helpful advice at every turn. At times, it may be challenging, but the right person will end each day with a smile on their face.
In a typical day you might:
- Offer tailored advice to a new builder who has yet to win his first job.
- Troubleshoot an iOS related issue over the phone with a plasterer.
- Support a successful bricklayer who is having issues with a difficult customer.
- Contact a kitchen fitter who has stopped using the service, to get them active again.
- Explain the benefits of our business model to a skeptical decorator.
You would be joining us at an exciting time in our growth and the successful applicant will have the opportunity to help shape the future direction of the team.
The right person
We are looking for an exceptional customer service advisor who is driven by a desire to make a real difference to the lives of our tradespeople. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of fantastic customer service. Our trade members can be uncompromising at times, so you must be confident, assertive and unflappable.
We like people who volunteer without being asked, have a go at something they’ve never done before and who remain positive in the face of adversity. You need to be calm under pressure with a fun, easy-going personality. We value individuality, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour. Robots need not apply.
Our ideal person will also have:
- 2+ years experience in a customer relations role.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills; understanding and compassionate
- A natural ability to influence people.
- A creative approach to problem solving.
- An aptitude for technology and the ability to learn new systems with ease.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
How to apply
Send your CV and tell us why this is the role for you. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
The interview process will involve a short phone call, two practical exercises (to complete from home) and two interviews at our Office in Clerkenwell, EC1.
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.