MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of our online platform. Our mission is to help homeowners choose great builders, and help great builders succeed. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, the New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
Most of us are working from home during the pandemic but we look forward to being back together again soon with a mixture of office and remote working. Our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate UX lead who can help take our service to the next level through the creation of functional, delightful, and intuitive user experiences. You will understand how best to meet the needs of our users (both consumers and tradespeople) through user testing, analysing statistical data, and identifying design patterns. Our ideal candidate is a self starter with a highly creative mind and isn’t afraid of diving deep into complex problems.
Collaborating with others in product and tech, the successful candidate will provide leadership and direction across the areas of UX/UI design, user research and product copy and content. You will help to turn conceptual ideas into reality, and craft user-centred designs that excite, delight, and provide value to the business. You will play an important role in developing and delivering the company-wide user experience strategy and strengthening the expertise of the UX team.
- Define the UX vision, owning the end to end UX and design process
- Solve customer pain points using business metrics, user analytics, customer feedback, technical requirements, competitive analysis and usability best practices to inform decisions and solutions
- Lead, manage and mentor UX team members with their work as well as support their career growth
- Work hands-on in creating a diverse range of artifacts such as flows, wireframes, layouts, facilitation guides, etc, across multiple projects/teams
- Guide appropriate scale and fidelity of design, copy and research solutions from the simple to complex
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with other designers, engineers and product managers
The person we are looking for
- has a keen problem solving mind
- is a self-motivated optimistic team player with strong communication skills
- has a good understanding of interface standards, usability, accessibility and interactivity
- has a passion about all things digital
- has an understanding of how things are built and operate online and on-device
- has 3+ years of experience in a UX Lead role - including some people management experience
- Strong UX copywriting and editing skills
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served
- Flexible working with a mix of time working from home and time in the office
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Product Team
At MyBuilder, we believe strongly in good quality code, a craftsperson attitude to engineering our code and systems, and continuous learning and improvements. Our systems have developed our own knowledge and experience, and we constantly evolve our tech to match the needs of the business.
If you want to learn more, visit the tech team page and have a look at our tech blog.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.