MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of its online platform. Our mission is to help homeowners choose great builders, and we help great builders succeed. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate UX Designer who can take our product to the next level, by creating functional, delightful, and intuitive user experiences. You will understand how best to meet the needs of both our users (both consumers and tradespeople) through user testing, analysing statistical data, and identifying design patterns. Our ideal candidate is a self starter with a highly creative mind and isn’t afraid of diving deep into complex problems.
Collaborating with others in product and tech, the successful candidate will be a key contributor in turning conceptual ideas into reality, and ultimately crafting user-centred designs that excite, delight, and provide value to the business.
- Own the end to end UX process, ensuring all work is delivered on time, and aligned to the team and company goals.
- Identify design patterns, and standardising components used throughout the product.
- Validate designs through user testing, research and prototypes.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with UI designers, Engineers and Product Managers in shaping the product’s user experience.
- Address consumer pain points using data and personas to improve the customer journey.
- Contribute to styles guides and design material to ensure consistency across the brand and product.
- 3+ years experience of UX design in an in-house or consultancy environment.
- Designed across multiple platforms including desktop (web), mobile, and tablet.
- Experienced in building wireframes (low-fi) and redlines (high-fi).
- Product-thinker, and able to take a problem, break it down, and understand key scenarios that require further design thinking.
- Ability to work cross functionally and develop key relationships with other departments and fellow peers.
- Self starter - ability to self motivate and take ownership of all UX projects.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Marvel, or similar tools.
- Comfortable making code changes using HTML and CSS.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Flexible working with a mix of time working from home and time in the office
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send us your CV’s and design portfolio
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.