MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of its online platform. Our mission is to help homeowners choose great builders, and we help great builders succeed. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our office reflects our unique culture: we have an office bar, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate UX Designer who can take our product to the next level, by creating functional, delightful, and intuitive user experiences. You will understand how best to meet the needs of both our users (both consumers and tradespeople) through user testing, analysing statistical data, and identifying design patterns. Our ideal candidate is a self starter with a highly creative mind and isn’t afraid of diving deep into complex problems.
Collaborating with others in product and tech, the successful candidate will be a key contributor in turning conceptual ideas into reality, and ultimately crafting user-centred designs that excite, delight, and provide value to the business.
- Own the end to end UX process, ensuring all work is delivered on time, and aligned to the team and company goals.
- Identify design patterns, and standardising components used throughout the product.
- Validate designs through user testing, research and prototypes.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with UI designers, Engineers and Product Managers in shaping the product’s user experience.
- Address consumer pain points using data and personas to improve the customer journey.
- Contribute to styles guides and design material to ensure consistency across the brand and product.
- 3+ years experience of UX design in an in-house or consultancy environment.
- Designed across multiple platforms including desktop (web), mobile, and tablet.
- Experienced in building wireframes (low-fi) and redlines (high-fi).
- Product-thinker, and able to take a problem, break it down, and understand key scenarios that require further design thinking.
- Ability to work cross functionally and develop key relationships with other departments and fellow peers.
- Self starter - ability to self motivate and take ownership of all UX projects.
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Marvel, or similar tools.
- Comfortable making code changes using HTML and CSS.
You’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy the best coffee around, great food and regular team outings. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We will also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send us your CV’s and design portfolio
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.