MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London. Our headquarters reflect our unique culture: we have an office bar, guitars, a staff band and colleagues who cook each other lunch.
Reporting into our Chief Marketing Officer, the main focus is the development and optimisation of all PPC accounts (Google, Bing, Facebook etc). In addition, you will also develop other biddable media opportunities in Paid Social, Video and Display. You will be tasked with scaling customer acquisition whilst optimising ROI to the point of diminishing returns.
You will provide regular performance updates, both internally and to our parent company, and be prepared to articulate your decisions, thought processes and results. This will require sourcing data from the native accounts (AdWords etc.), GA and our internal admin system, and producing reports that mash this data together and help the team to understand our acquisition channels and how they interact with each other.
Performance Marketing has historically been our biggest paid customer acquisition tool and therefore one of the largest spends in the business, the ideal candidate will thrive with the focus that comes with this. We’re aiming to become the go-to resource when looking for a tradesman, and your work will play a huge part in making that happen.
- Be our PPC guru; develop, build and optimise our accounts to maximise ROI.
- Build out other biddable media channels; evaluate each opportunity, propose a plan and deliver it.
- Report on performance and results on a regular basis.
- Own the testing and optimisation plan.
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers such as Google.
- Keep abreast and advise on industry best practice, changes and opportunities.
The right person
You have a passion for all things digital. You attend key industry events, consume all the trade media and religiously follow the worlds digital thought leaders on social media. You are ruthless in managing your time and areas of focus. You are able to efficiently prioritise your work. You enjoy scaling and growing well developed accounts or building new accounts from scratch. You never complicate things. You are results obsessed. You have a passion to learn and love working in a team.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role either in-house or agency side.
- Best in class understanding of Paid Search including RLSA, Day Parting, Ad Rotation, Bid Optimisation, Location targeting & audience profiling
- Demonstrable knowledge of different PPC ad formats, AdWords features and bid management tools.
- Data driven with a good understanding of ROI measurement and optimization.
- Good understanding & experience of the Paid Social landscape.
- Understanding of programmatic display advertising (RTB)
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel and analytical skills to create reports working with large data sets and explain the performance to a wider audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and goal-oriented; good at juggling multiple priorities and time management
- High energy, sense of humour, friendly/outgoing, team player
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid, with a generous office allowance to help with travel costs. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work hybrid. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.