MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Our bright and spacious office is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell (the most interesting creative hotspot in London), with great surrounding areas of East London, including Shoreditch, Old Street and Angel! Nearest underground station is Farringdon. We enjoy shiny Apple products, excellent coffee, free lunches, lively banter and the most competitive office table tennis league in town (probably). Come join our team!
The Marketplace Analyst will distill the complex interplay between our tradesperson and homeowner customer bases into simple, impactful knowledge and actions. This role will be dedicated to ensuring that all aspects of acquisition in our marketplaces are optimal. This position reports to the CMO however you will be required to work closely with the Technology, Product and the CEO.
As part of our mission we aim to become to the only platform tradespeople will head to, to find the highest quality jobs, helping them build long lasting and successful businesses. You will play a huge part in making this happen.
- Ensure healthy balance of supply and demand by analysing data at a geo-level and trade type.
- Recommend new areas for expansion by analysing internal and external demand data.
- Make pricing recommendations based on demand and liquidity analysis.
- Work with the marketing team to provide them with the insight and guidance on where the acquisition budget is best spent and most effective.
- Reporting on data and trends relating to trade categories and job postings, presenting all findings to senior stakeholders in the business.
- Collaborating with the engineering and product team to provide data driven insights for optismation across the product.
Who you are
You love data and creating simplicity even where there is lots of complexity. You are ruthless in managing your time and areas of focus. You are able to efficiently prioritise your work. You never complicate things. You are results obsessed. You want to learn more and love working in a team.
- 3+ years experience in a trade marketing role (ideally working with a B2B market place).
- Excellent analytics skills with proven experience in drawing insights from multiple data sources.
- Self motivated, curious and passionate about solving problems.
- Ability to communicate complex analytic solutions and insights clearly across all teams and senior stakeholders in the business.
- Competent with SQL.
- Strong Excel and Google Sheet skills.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
How to apply
Send us your CV and tell us why this is the role for you.
Application start date; Wednesday 24th April 2019. Application close date; Friday 24th May 2019.
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.