MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Our headquarters in Clerkenwell reflect our unique culture: we have an amazing office bar, guitars, a drum kit, a bike mechanic workstation, extensive library and a rotating food team who make lunch for everyone. It’s a fun place to be and that’s mainly because everyone in the team believes in the mission and is seriously good at what they do.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Product Designer who can help take our service to the next level, by creating functional, delightful, and intuitive user experiences. You will understand how best to meet the needs of our users (both consumers and tradespeople) through user testing, analysing statistical data, and identifying design patterns. Our ideal candidate is a self starter with a highly creative mind and isn’t afraid of diving deep into complex problems.
Collaborating with others in product and tech, the successful candidate will be a key contributor in turning conceptual ideas into reality, and ultimately crafting user-centred designs that excite, delight, and provide value to the business.
- Own the end to end UX and design process.
- Help bring ideas to life and add that extra level of polish to create delightful experiences.
- Address consumer pain points using data and personas to improve the customer journey.
- Aligning your output to the team and company goals.
- Validate and iterate on designs through research, user testing and prototyping.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with other Designers, Engineers and Product Managers.
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback with colleagues.
- Contribute to style guides and design systems to ensure consistency across the brand and product.
- Being involved in multiple concurrent projects, balancing your workload and priorities.
The person we are looking for
- has a keen problem solving mind
- is a self-motivated optimistic team player with strong communication skills.
- is an efficient worker who can manage their time effectively.
- has a good understanding of interface standards, usability, accessibility and interactivity.
- has a passion about all things digital.
- has an understanding of how things are built and operate online and on-device.
- has 3+ years professional experience in product design (in-house or agency environment.)
- is a UK resident.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send us your CV/LinkedIn profile and portfolio
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.