MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Our bright and spacious office is located bang in the centre of Clerkenwell (the most interesting creative hotspot in London), with great surrounding areas of East London, including Shoreditch, Old Street and Angel! We enjoy shiny Apple products, excellent coffee, free lunches, lively banter and the most competitive office table tennis league in town (probably.) Come join our team!
What the role involves
You’ll be working with the Facilities Manager to help make our office a kick-ass place to work. Based in our reception, you will serve as the friendly face of our company welcoming visitors, contractors and suppliers. You will work closely with other teams within the business to keep MyBuilder running smoothly.
Responsibilities will include
- Meet and greet all visitors with a friendly smile!
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing post.
- Maintaining the kitchen space, restrooms and meetings room, keeping them presentable and making sure everything is fully stocked.
- Placing orders for office supplies.
- Organising bi monthly office social events.
- Adhoc office support errands.
- IT support - ordering and setting up all computer software for new starters.
- Assist in producing weekly mailouts.
- Support our Trade Quality team on various admin duties including ID verification for our tradespeople.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have a down to earth, confident and enthusiastic approach to problem solving. You will crave variety, stimulation and have a willingness to learn new skills.
One of our key company values is having a DIY attitude. This is a very hands on role, assisting our Facilities Manager with occasional office improvement projects and day-to-day repairs. No two days will be the same!
- Previous experience in an office management or admin role although enthusiasm and go getter attitude is much more important.
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Ability to manage and juggle several tasks at one time.
- Team player, but able to use initiative and take responsibility for fulfilling tasks.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
How to apply
If this sounds like your next challenge, write to us. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.