We’re looking for a Brand Executive to join the marketing team at MyBuilder as we continue our growth in the UK. You’ll be working within a close and collaborative marketing team, in addition to project-specific cross-functional teams. This is a varied and hands-on role that will suit a passionate and self-driven brand marketer with both a creative and analytical mindset. The salary for this role is up to £40k per annum.
We offer a fully flexible working environment with options to work remotely, at our Central London office or a mix of both.
MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of Angi Inc, a group of successful home services businesses within the large US holding company IAC.
Reporting to the brand manager, the key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Help plan and deliver communications to both sides of MyBuilder’s marketplace, (homeowner and trade) that resonate with the needs of customers
- Assist with market research to gain a deeper understanding of customer needs and perspectives
- Collaborate with the creative and product teams to ensure consistency of messaging across the user interface and across marketing channels
- Help to ensure consistency of visual branding across all customer touchpoints
- Work closely with tech & product teams to optimise the user experience and business performance through our communications
- Assist the digital marketing team, in-house videographer and social media manager to develop creative for digital advertising campaigns (including video) and MyBuilder’s social media channels
- Assist with managing external agency relationships including briefing and negotiating terms
- Give input on email marketing campaigns and on-site content
- Track brand performance including awareness and consideration metrics
- Help identify and explore potential new branding and customer acquisition opportunities, such as partnerships and third party endorsements
Essential experience and attributes
- 2-3 years experience in a brand marketing, general marketing or communications role
- Strong copywriting skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A proactive, self motivated nature
- A collaborative approach to working with others
- Ability to manage projects from end to end
- Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Excellent communication skills and ability to consider multiple stakeholder and audience perspectives
Nice to have (but not essential)
- Experience of PR campaigns and knowledge of SEO
- Design skills (any of the following: InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator/Sketch/Canva)
- Experience working alongside technical / product teams
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
About the Marketing Team
Like any team, great results depend on having the right mix of people, all pulling in the same direction. We’re made up of ex-journalists, PPC pros, events experts and even a world-class photojournalist. While we’ve all come to MyBuilder with vastly different experiences, there’s one thing we all believe in - and it’s fast becoming the unifying brand truth behind our marketing: if a job’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well.
If you want to learn more, visit the marketing team page.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.