MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.).
What does the role involve?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate UX/UI Designer who can take our product to the next level by creating usable, functional, delightful, and intuitive user experiences. You will have a strong understanding of interface and interaction design along with how best to solve usability problems through a goal-driven approach. Our ideal candidate is a self starter with a highly creative mind and isn’t afraid of diving deep into complex problems. Collaborating with others in product and tech, the successful candidate will be a key contributor in turning conceptual ideas into reality, and crafting user-centred designs that excite, delight, and provide value to the business.
- Ensure all work is aligned to the team and company goals
- Identify design patterns and standardising components used throughout the product
- Identify key interactions of the product and create design solutions that fit well within the context of use, bolstering usability.
- Validate designs through user testing, research and prototypes to test concepts
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work collaboratively with engineers and product managers in shaping the product’s user experience
- Address consumer pain points using data and personas to improve the customer journey
- Contribute to styles guides and design material to ensure consistency across the brand and product
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years experience of UX/UI design in an in-house or consultancy environment
- Designed across multiple platforms including desktop (web), mobile, and tablet
- Experience in building wireframes (low-fi) and redlines (high-fi)
- Product-thinker, and able to take a problem, break it down, and understand key scenarios that require further design thinking
- Experience in interaction design within systems and applications
- Ability to work cross functionally and develop key relationships with other departments and fellow peers
- Strong knowledge of Sketch, Marvel, or similar tools
- Comfortable making code changes using HTML and CSS
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We’ll set you up with a shiny new laptop and all the kit to get you up and running. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day every year
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Office travel allowance
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
Found your perfect fit?
If this role excites you, send your CV and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Apply for this position
If this role excites you, complete an application and tell us why you want to work at MyBuilder.
About the Product Team
At MyBuilder, we believe strongly in good quality code, a craftsperson attitude to engineering our code and systems, and continuous learning and improvements. Our systems have developed our own knowledge and experience, and we constantly evolve our tech to match the needs of the business.
If you want to learn more, visit the tech team page and have a look at our tech blog.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.