MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our head office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London.
The Trade Quality team is responsible for screening and monitoring tradespeople, so our homeowner customers have the best experience using MyBuilder. We’re looking for an experienced customer operations manager to head up a rapidly expanding team.
The Customer Operations Manager will report to the Head of Customer Service and work at our Central London office.
- Build a high-performing team. Communicate direction and goals, coach and provide regular performance feedback.
- Be an effective player-coach. Dedicate a portion of your time each week to rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- Coordinate and drive continuous improvements to our pioneering trade evaluation process. Help create metrics and reporting to identify and prioritise actions.
- Collaborate with our product team to develop and optimise the online trade application journey.
- Manage background checking and fraud prevention activities. Identify new and innovative ways of improving upfront and ongoing screening methods.
- Develop and optimise team workflows to improve productivity. Create procedures that promote best practice and ensure consistency across the team.
- Create efficient working patterns that deliver optimum service levels.
- Gain insight into user issues, making recommendations to improve our product and service.
- Foster good team relations and encourage collaboration with the wider team. Champion team achievements within the company.
Who we’re looking for
We seek a smart, passionate and experienced leader who knows how to motivate a team and get things done. Our ideal candidate will also ideally have the following skills/experience:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a customer service management role - preferably at a tech start-up.
- Passionate about developing and motivating people to achieve great results.
- Ability to think strategically and understand the impact that decisions will have on the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills - able to establish credibility quickly and build relationships effectively across the business.
- Advanced technology user. Proven experience of using tech to improve productivity and enhance existing operational processes.
- Excellent resource planning and organisational skills. Able to prioritise according to ever-changing demands.
- Calm under pressure. Confident in the face of uncertainty and change.
- An interest in home improvements.
This is a fantastic challenge for the right candidate and we’ll offer all the support you need to succeed and make the role your own.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely office located in Clerkenwell. You’ll enjoy excellent coffee, great food and lively banter. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a top-flight team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Decent food & exotic drinks
- Foosball, darts, skateboards & guitars
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.