MyBuilder.com is an innovative, successful web business based in Central London, enabling homeowners to find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We are a hard working, close-knit team dedicated to creating an incredible offering that solves a real problem. Our headquarters in Clerkenwell reflect our unique culture: we have an amazing office bar, guitars, a drum kit, a bike mechanic workstation, and a rotating food team who make lunch for everyone. It’s a fun place to be and that’s mainly because everyone in the team believes in the mission and is seriously good at what they do. Our rapid growth and ambitious plans now necessitate a full-time Finance Manager to join the team.
MyBuilder.com is looking for an experienced, bright and well rounded finance professional to take ownership of its finance function. MyBuilder is an award winning, well established, fast growing web business that connects homeowners with tradespeople through the power of online reviews.
Initially you be a one person finance department, and you will need to be motivated and keen to take on every aspect of the role. On top of that, you will also need to be capable of growing with the company through the years by recruiting and managing support staff, as needed. There will be lots of other areas to pitch in with, depending on your capacity, skills and interest. As a key member of a growing and ambitious company, you will have ample opportunity to develop professionally over the coming months and years.
Reporting directly to the CEO/Founder, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations for the company, bookkeeping, and handling all financial related queries.
- Working with our corporate parent IAC/InteractiveCorp (NYSE: IAC), fulfilling monthly and quarterly financial reporting requirements
- Implementation and management of the internal control systems including compliance with SOX requirements.
- Deliver changes across the accounting environment that are impacted by SOX.
- Managed the month end close process in line with corporate deadlines.
- Cash flow / treasury management including forecasting and coordinating payments to suppliers.
- Paying invoices and managing relationships with suppliers.
- Forecasting, financial planning and maintenance of KPIs for senior management.
- Managing payroll (currently 45 people, both salary and hourly wage).
- Some data analysis and ad hoc reporting across the business.
The Right Person
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified with 5+ years post qualification experience.
- Experience leading an in house Finance function.
- Experience working in a Technology environment (preferable).
- Expertise in working with US multinationals companies.
- Operational experience including systems SOX, and controllership processes.
- Solid Analytical skills.
- Experience with financial systems - Oracle, Hyperion or SAP.
- Advanced in Excel.
- Strong problem solving skills and good judgement.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with the CEO/senior stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic, with the ability to juggle a busy workload and take responsibility for your own work.
MyBuilder, though more than 12 years old and highly profitable, still retains its original startup culture. That’s to say, we’re driven and led by our founder, we care deeply about our mission, we’re a tight knit team, and we’re fun loving and informal. If you’re offended by managers in T shirts, bicycles in the office, or a new starter questioning the way we do things, this probably isn’t the right place for you. If however, you like to be different and want to be a part of a company that is making a difference in the world, please do get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
Admin and support positions
- No current vacancies