MyBuilder.com is an innovative, successful web business based in Central London, enabling homeowners to find reliable tradesmen through the power of customer feedback. We are a hard working, close-knit team dedicated to creating an incredible product that solves a genuine problem.
We’re one of the largest home services marketplaces in the UK and earlier this year we became part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Ask.com, Expedia, Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder and HomeAdvisor, to name a few of their brands). IAC is the best partner we could hope for, with a long history of investing in and growing market leading home services marketplaces around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Product to help us take MyBuilder.com to the next level. Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for developing the product team.
- Develop MyBuilder’s product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with the tech team to execute the product roadmap.
- Hire, manage and develop our designers and product managers.
- Work with the CEO and other managers to integrate strategy and activities.
- Help to ensure that MyBuilder lives its mission day in, day out.
- Do your bit to make sure MyBuilder is a great place to work.
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Similar levels of experience hiring and managing people
- In depth knowledge and passion on understanding consumer products both from a customer and technology point of view
- Excellent technical familiarity and communication skills
- High levels of emotional and analytical intelligence
- Outstanding problem solving skills
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
Engineering, Product and Design work together at MyBuilder, using agile processes in a highly collaborative environment with blurred lines between these disciplines. We have a large and complex product with more interesting challenges to solve than we have time to tackle.
We have daily check-ins for departments and project teams. We problem solve on paper, whiteboards and in Sketch. We prototype in the browser, deploy only when ready, and split test as much as possible with genuine users. We’re a small but growing team meaning you’ll have the opportunity to have a direct impact on a large scale product.
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
- Generous new hire referral bonus
How to apply
If this sounds like your next challenge, write to us. No copy and paste cover letters please, they make us sad.
Application start date; Tuesday 12th December 2017. Application close date; Monday 8th January 2018
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.