MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradesmen through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and are part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.). MyBuilder operates throughout the UK and our office is located in Clerkenwell, Central London.
The Trade Quality Team are expert detectives and decision makers, tasked with evaluating our tradespeople at all stages of their MyBuilder journey. We are a small team with a lot of responsibility and our actions shape the reputation of the site. Employing a range of technical tools, our goal is to ensure homeowners meet only the best tradespeople on MyBuilder.
You will be responsible for verifying identity documents, investigating potentially fraudulent activity and carrying out quality control checks. You may also be required to carry out other background checks to help us decide the outcome of a trade application. As part of your day-to-day activities, you will provide customer support where needed, using phone and email.
This entry-level position would suit a graduate or someone who has recently completed their A levels and who would like to work in customer operations. This is a great opportunity to join and progress in a creative, ambitious and fast-paced tech company.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for evidence of certain skills and qualities rather than specific qualifications or experience. Here are some of them:
- Tech-savvy - keyboard shortcuts and productivity tools are your thing.
- Process-driven - you love workflows and look for ways of making them more efficient.
- Detail oriented - you don’t miss a trick.
- Strong work ethic - clock-watchers need not apply.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with bundles of enthusiasm.
- Good fun to be around.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We offer all our employees the option to work remotely, in the office or hybrid. Whichever option you choose, we’ll give you a laptop with all the kit you need to work effectively. You’ll also get to spend quality time with your colleagues and meet your manager 1:1 on monthly office days.
We’ll also add:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 extra day for every year of service
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Comprehensive private medical insurance with AXA
- Routine treatments health cash plan
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible hybrid and remote working options
- Travel allowance for office and hybrid team members
- Subsidised office lunch
- Annual personal development grant + days off
Generous new hire referral bonus
- Flexible working. Full-time: 40 hours per week. Part-time: minimum of 20 hours per week, spread across five days
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.