MyBuilder.com helps homeowners find reliable tradespeople through the power of online reviews. We’re a market leader in the UK and part of IAC, a well known New York based internet group (Tripadvisor, Vimeo, Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor, etc.)
Our bright and spacious office is located in the centre of Clerkenwell, Central London. We’re looking for experienced customer service professionals who share our values and want to help us transform the home improvement industry.
What the role involves
Our customer service team are on the front line at MyBuilder. We are the eyes and ears of the company and the voice of our customers. We help people resolve their issues and turn unhappy users into advocates. We proudly believe in the service we provide, promoting long-term usage with a keen focus on customer retention.
During a typical day, you might be:
- Retaining great tradespeople by thinking creatively and offering them exceptional support when they get in touch.
- Handling complaints that often involve customers from both sides of our marketplace and working alongside other teams to guide them to a positive outcome.
- Explaining the benefits of the MyBuilder platform to a tradesperson looking to market their business online for the first time.
- Onboarding a new member who wants to get off to the best start possible by giving them bespoke advice on how to get the most out of the site.
- Offering guidance to a tradesperson who has received a negative review on managing their online reputation.
- Playing referee in the marketplace isn’t always easy and sometimes our customers can be frustrated or upset when they contact us. While it can be a demanding role at times, our advisors love the satisfaction of solving problems, overcoming objections and making our customers happy.
To find out more about what it’s like to work as a SCSA at MyBuilder check out this post
We’re looking for someone with 2+ years in a customer service role with experience of handling complaints or retention, who has an exceptional telephone manner and great written communication skills.
Individuality, enthusiasm and dedication are some of the qualities we value in our employees. We like people who volunteer before they’re asked, have a go at something they’ve never done before and who smile at the end of a tough day. To excel in this role you’ll also need to be:
- Empathetic and compassionate - you understand people and care.
- A people person - speaking to customers comes naturally to you.
- Perceptive - you see the real problem, not the one you were told about.
- Problem-solving - you love the challenge of helping people to help themselves.
- Confident - you don’t shy away from difficult conversations and aren’t afraid of saying no.
- An owner - you spot things that can be improved and find solutions that work.
- Motivated - you’re always finding areas for personal development and continuous learning.
Why you’ll enjoy working at MyBuilder
We’ll set you up with a shiny new Mac and a spacious workspace at our lovely Clerkenwell office. As part of a close-knit team, you’ll benefit from regular peer support and feedback to help you succeed and progress in your role at MyBuilder. Most importantly, you’ll be in great company, surrounded by a world class team on a mission to make the world a better place, one project at a time. We’ll also add:
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Health Cash Plan
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 31 days holiday with an extra day for each year served (no cap)
- Flexible working with a mix of time working from home and time in the office
For more information on how we store your data please read our Privacy Notice
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, colour, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.
How to apply
We have filled this role and are not currently looking. However you are welcome to send in your CV for us to keep on file.
This position is closed
Sorry, this position is closed. Please see other roles listed here.
Our London Office
Our London office is in the heart of Dickensian Clerkenwell, a short hop from Farringdon station amid some of the best pubs, restaurants and coffee shops in London. Exmouth Market is on our doorstep, but if you just want to hang out in the office, that’s fine too - we have two floors stuffed with high-end tech, an espresso machine, fridges packed with snacks and drinks, and lots of games to play.